Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
800 should be easy as it was done from the factory, you would need motor, pipe, wiring, etc. I'm pretty sure gas tank has to be swapped as well to go to a carb motor. A doner sled that was crashed is often the best way so you get all the odds and ends.

I don't know what needs to happen to get the 1000 twin to fit, never been around one.

A triple can be made to fit and makes for a less practical but very fun sled, friend of mine had a 440 chassis with a 809 based 925 in it, absolute blast to ride but not a lot of fun to get to fit.

Honestly most of the time you would be better off selling the 600 and buying an 800 if that's what you want.

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts
Do yourself a favor and avoid swapping engines types unless they are nearly identical with same wiring. The 1000 should remain in the RT chassis. Of course some people do this for pleasure which is completely different and I consider this is art. For practical purposes, keep the 600 SDI in the chassis and learn how to make it run well and keep it from burning-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts