Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from 3 days and 500 miles in Quebec. 2 600 sdi's and 2 Apex GT's. SDI's were $3-$4 less every time at the pump. We usually topped off at around half tank.

·
Registered
409 Posts
renegade8 said:
I'll bet the yami boys got very quiet

[snapback]727312[/snapback]​
Have you ever heard a quiet Yami boy?? Shoot, for just mentioning it they're going to flock over here and ruin this thread!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just got back from St. Germain and my 06 600 Gade got 20mpg. I would have never thought is was possible. The trails in the St Germain area are tight and the speeds are slower (alot of stop signs and trail traffic) this contributed to the good milage. As the speed increases the mileage decreases, if I'm hammering the trails its 15 mpg. Good to know that 20mpg is possible.

My Arctic Cat buddies were shocked as they had to buy twice as much gas as me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Spent a week in the U.P. and notrhern lower MI. with a polaris 600 xc and 570 arctic cat. Their fill ups $21.00 to $26.00, mine most I ever took was $13.00, usually around $11.00 to $12.00. Needless to say the cat guy made up his mind that the combo of ride,handling and fuel economy would guarantee that he is getting a 600 SDI 'gade for winter 06-07. The cat guy spent $250 for the week and I think I was around $135.00.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Jeez, I don't know what kind of snow you guys are running in. My 600 SDI Summit got about 12 mpg last weekend and I was so happy I almost puked.

My 550F GT gets about 7 or 8 mpg in the same conditions.

But we run WOT most of the time, and through two or three feet of untracked powder. I guess it's a little different on the trails.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The more I ride my sdi the more I love it. The power band is nice and smoothe, starts up first pull in warm days, second pull on cold days. Never runs too lean/rich. All I've had to do to mine is put gas and oil in it. 2000 trouble free miles so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts