Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The 440 guys have a nice thread going on their sleds, so lets start a 600rs thread.
Post for track or trail. Approx. elevation and air temp etc... and results

08 600rs

I run trail. elevation 900- 1200 ft.
Fuel ratio 36:1 Amsoil Dominator
91-93 octane
-10 to 40 degrees
I have 270 mains and the clip in position #2.

Edited 9/2010
****I ran the 270's for the last 1000 miles(down from 280's). This is not recommended by many on here, my dealer put them in according to the bulliten the had from BRP. I have not had any trouble with 270 mains, personally I can tell the difference in my sled and it seems to run MUCH better with the 270's. Anybody who calls BS can come try the sled and see for themselves. If you are going to be WOT for extended runs I would stay stock with 300 mains****

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wouldn't hurt also to state what octane you are running. BTW you should be able to run the needle in second clip from top,should improve fuel milage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
MXZ 600 RS
280 Mains
91 Octane
Needle in second clip from top
40:1 Amsoil Inerceptor Synthetic
Elevation: 1000- 1400 ft
-10*F to 40*F
Sled has 1145 miles and has not had a problem with that setup!

·
Registered
578 Posts
2008 RS Trail Converted

280 mains
Needle second from the top
91/93 octane
Klotz Techniplate 40:1

2009 RS Snocross Curve

230 mains
needle in third from the top
96 octane (1 gallon 100 / 4 gallons 93)
Klotz Techniplate R50 Race oil 33:1

·
Registered
395 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
487 Posts
2008 MXZX 600RS

-280 mains

-needle in second clip from top

-Ipone premixed to 40:1

-94-95 octane

-Preheat button still plugged in

-Temp was 10-20F

Ran good for most part but would have bad part throttle bog at times. I dont think my fuel site line is plugged though. Just has a white one way valve looking thing on end. Another thing is what are people seeing for EGT's? Believe I was as high as 1,100 at one time but cruising usually around 900. Gonna add some pin weight & gear up a bit also

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2008 MXZX 600RS

-280 mains

-94-95 octane

-Temp was 10-20F

Ran good for most part but would have bad part throttle bog at times. I dont think my fuel site line is plugged though. Just has a white one way valve looking thing on end. Another thing is what are people seeing for EGT's? Believe I was as high as 1,100 at one time but cruising usually around 900. Gonna add some pin weight & gear up a bit also
What kind of fuel milage are you seeing with the clip in the second position from the top and 280 mains? Is this going to help me much? Will this lean out the mid range too much or will it be safe. I was experiencing the bog sometimes too, and it wasn't when the sled was airborne. Just once in a while coming out of a corner and hard on the gas it would bog???

·
Registered
62 Posts
What kind of fuel milage are you seeing with the clip in the second position from the top and 280 mains? Is this going to help me much? Will this lean out the mid range too much or will it be safe. I was experiencing the bog sometimes too, and it wasn't when the sled was airborne. Just once in a while coming out of a corner and hard on the gas it would bog???
my set up is almost complete but I'll tell what I have so far ,dyno port can,timbersled air intake,fuel air breather plugged,calibration screw set at 3,needle still stock but I'm changing it to 2nd from top.jets are 310 but a little to lean so I'm putting in 320 and test them and then 330 if its still to lean.tested koltz additive and it seems alright but I think I'm going to stick with sunoco 1gal race fuel 4gal 90octane.I heard the bog is also a rpm problem.you can't go over 8400 or it will bog.thats why I set my calibration screw @3 .it was at 4 but the more you go down it drops your rpm.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well with stock gearing & Sno-X clutching still I think got about 7MPG. Thats just a estimate though. Once dialed in for trail & X-country racing bet I can get around 9-10 hopefully.

As with the bog think I just need to plug the fuel vent line off the fuel level hose.

·
Registered
77 Posts
DO NOT LEAN THE MAIN ON A 09 600 RS unless you are running pump/race gas around 96-98 octane! The timing curve is totally different for this year in the MPEM! Last year in my 08 RS I ran 91 with 220s all season and it ran perfect. Tried the same setup this year and KABOOM!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an 08 mod but had bikeman cut me some low comp inserts and i put the stock ecm back in with the holeshot button cut. I believe my compression ratio is going to be about the same as a stocker so really the only difference between mine and a stocker right now is the cold air intake and twin pipes. What do you think i should start with for my set up? I was thinking 95 octane, 280 mains using the power jet, and needle in 2nd clip?? Is the cold air and pipes going to lean it out more than stock intake and single exhaust?

·
Registered
16 Posts
my set up is almost complete but I'll tell what I have so far ,dyno port can,timbersled air intake,fuel air breather plugged,calibration screw set at 3,needle still stock but I'm changing it to 2nd from top.jets are 310 but a little to lean so I'm putting in 320 and test them and then 330 if its still to lean.tested koltz additive and it seems alright but I think I'm going to stick with sunoco 1gal race fuel 4gal 90octane.I heard the bog is also a rpm problem.you can't go over 8400 or it will bog.thats why I set my calibration screw @3 .it was at 4 but the more you go down it drops your rpm.
I was wondering with your timbersled air intake if there is an alternative to mounting to take the the place of the air chambers.... i would like to be able to get rid of that big bulky thing but theres alot of screws that get screwed in to hold the speedometer pod and stuff on?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I havent had a chance to tear into mine yet but it is running great and the plugs look perfect (knock on wood) What jets come installed from the factory??

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ok finally took mine out. 08 mod
twin pipes
mod ecm
pipe switch gone
mod air box
stock domes
93octane
40:1 amsoil inter.
niddle in 2nd down
pj stock
pilot stock
330 mains
egts 1098 max on digitron
runs like a alter boy!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Another day out on mine in really twisty trails with temp around 20 degrees.

2008 MXZX 600RS

-280 mains

-93 octane

-gearing 25 top & stock bottom

Sled ran perfect all the way through the whole tank. BTW my fuel site line is now pinched off. Watched EGT & never got above 1000 during hard riding. Reached about 1030 on a long 8 second pull & was at 8,300 the whole way. Watched EGT in several areas in midrange & EGT stayed in 850 range. Im sticking with this for the season. Now onto the suspension LOL.

·
Registered
815 Posts
so far this year added 09 secondary intake up top
upped to 280mains ran 270's last year fine down to only -10C
needle 2nd down from top
45 pilot
25/49 gearing and cut down track to 1.5" with 128 studs.
91 octane
230-350 primary spring
weighted to keep it 8200-8300, click in 3rd or 4th

·
Registered
80 Posts
08 RS MOD

BRP mod kit with Bikeman porting and polishing and head.

Low comp inserts brings compression ration down to 12.9 : 1
Stock ECM
Mains 270 mag 260 pto
Stock pilot
needle 2nd clip
93 ocatane
Amsoil 33:1
Gearing stock
Running it 8000 ft + elevation

1 - 20 of 167 Posts