Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Buy a the 600 mod 06 , don´t waste time and money in changing a ´04 440 into a mod 600 . It´s stupid...
The ´06 is so much better then the ´04...

Buy 600 HO heads from a same model 600 and change the timing from pos#5 to Pos #8 If you are going ditchbanging or practicing for snowcross you don´t have to change the timing.... They only change timing to be safe when riding on a wide open throttle for long periods of time...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sled i am looking at is an 04 chassis with a 600 mod motor in it. I never got ahold of the guy selling it yet but im in the process. It says the sled has all 05 updates and a 600mod motor. Whatever this means?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Buy a the 600 mod 06 , don´t waste time and money in changing a ´04 440 into a mod 600 . It´s stupid...
The ´06 is so much better then the ´04...

Buy 600 HO heads from a same model 600 and change the timing from pos#5 to Pos #8 If you are going ditchbanging or practicing for snowcross you don´t have to change the timing.... They only change timing to be safe when riding on a wide open throttle for long periods of time...
Can someone explain "change the timing from pos#5 to Pos #8"? I did not know that 06/07 mod ECMs had the ability to "select" your ignition curve?

·
Super Advanced Member
1,593 Posts
...had the ability to "select" your ignition curve?
It doesn't. If you want a reprog. you need to send it to the race dept.

get a stock 600 head for starters
Agreed, get a 600HO stock head and throw that on. Run 92 octane and clutch and JET accordingly. IMO trail converting a mod is WAY easier than trail converting a 440.

·
Registered
683 Posts
IMO trail converting a mod is WAY easier than trail converting a 440.
I'm not sure. Sounds exactly the same except with the 440 you don't need to send your ECM out to reprog.

·
Super Advanced Member
1,593 Posts
...exactly the same except with the 440 you don't need to send your ECM out to reprog.
Yeah and do you know how long it can take to get that done?

How about playing around with Powerjets? Not cool....

They are both really simple if you know what you are doing. Powerjets, trai needles and all that BS on 440's. I just wrote another post on this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.