Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question has been asked a 1000 times here - but hear me out. I have an 01 mxz700 and I'm getting ready to upgrade to a newer sled (06 or 07). I really like my 700 - it pulls hard, always tops at 105 mph (GPS speed) - don't need any more power than that, but I really don't want to have less acceleration or top end either. Everyone I talk to tells me the 600 HO is equal to the 700, but I have a hard time believing that. I'd rather go with the 600 HO vs the 800 for insurance and fuel economy purposes - but I'm skeptical.

So please tell me, will the 600 HO mxz satisfy me - accelerate as fast and top out as high - or shouild I look to the 800?

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe you would be happy with a 800. The 600ho is a good motor and has a history of problems with rings. Every motor has a history of problems but I think the 600ho has a long list. I am not sure what the hp is on your 700 motor, but I know the 600ho has ~120hp. I have the iron horse 500ss and I am happy. I ride with both the 600ho and 800ho. The only time I wish I had more power is past 80mph. But in the trail my sled is as fast in my opinion. No one can touch the 800 is any aspect. If you think for a second that you want the power, I always say NO Regrets.

Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts