Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 04 600 ho trail and it rocks, i love it
after having so much time reading all these great posts,( NO SNOW )
i purchased the recomended up grades, only to find they have been done.
370 main jets, drop needle, clutch spring,ect...it runs smooth with no bogg or hard starting.
my clickers are on 1 and im OK with the performance of the sled.

My question is, should i still return the clickers to 3 or is it ok to leave them at 1?

thanks for the responses, and if your riding, BE HAPPY

This may be my worst year of ridable snow cover.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
It depends on where your RPM's are now. The 600 motor will run best at 8000 "actual" RPM's. Generally the Doo tachs read 100 - 150 RPM's high. So your tach should read anywhere from 8000 to 8200. If you go much above this the horsepower drops off dramatically. Check your RPM's during a run at wide open throttle, if you're not at the right RPM change your clickers. For every number you go up it will raise your RPM's by 150 - 200. This is just a general fix for changing trail conditions. The real fix is by getting the clutch pin weight right so that you have room to adjust up or down with the clickers for changing conditions.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response, but i rarly go WOT and 80 on the trails i ride is not possible,

I guess my question is ,,, is it OK to leave them at 1 ,
i did notice that my belt cannot go above the secondary now, with about 300 mi, did i smoke it with having the primary on 1?
Im going to put them at 3 and see if there is a diference, maybe it will allow me to get the belt back up over the secondary ???

still learning this sled

thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
This brings up my question.... what are the clickers set at from the factory? I've got mine at 4 right now and she turns a little high on the R's.....

Also, what is the secondary set at from the factory?

·
Registered
255 Posts
If the RPMs are right, leave it alone- no reason to adjust it. As for the secondary issue, you need to either adjust the belt deflection or replace the belt. You should check the belt width before you adjust the secondary, as it might be under the minimum width'
and will have to be replaced. Remember to clean the new belt with acetone to remove the mold release that is on the new one. Some nail polish removers will work- don't
get the ones with conditioners in them, just plain old acetone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts