Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Me again. I hate to ask questions that most know but I am new to this and I want to make sure I am reading this right. When I read what was posted in another thread regarding 600 HO SDI Recalibration Update #2005-3, and they mention for my sled, 2005 - MXZ 600 HO SDI Renegade - Model #'s 000BXA00 & 000BX5B00. Are those model numbers included in the serial number??? Mine serial number reads some of those numbers. Could someone please tell me how to confirm if mine is affected? In my serial number there is a ----BX5F85V000--- Does this make any sense? I hope I have given enough info. for someone to be able to help me out. I plan on visiting my dealer next week, 350 kms from me but at least I will know what I am looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
Bruiser said:
Hi all,

Me again. I hate to ask questions that most know but I am new to this and I want to make sure I am reading this right. When I read what was posted in another thread regarding 600 HO SDI Recalibration Update #2005-3, and they mention for my sled, 2005 - MXZ 600 HO SDI Renegade - Model #'s 000BXA00 & 000BX5B00. Are those model numbers included in the serial number??? Mine serial number reads some of those numbers. Could someone please tell me how to confirm if mine is affected? In my serial number there is a ----BX5F85V000--- Does this make any sense? I hope I have given enough info. for someone to be able to help me out. I plan on visiting my dealer next week, 350 kms from me but at least I will know what I am looking for.

Thanks
[snapback]269112[/snapback]​
My serial numbers did not match either. I have an early 05 600 sdi gade. I had the update. Dealer did not seem concerned about serial numbers. the update seems to have improved the plug fouling at idle and I haven't noticed any backfiring, but the sled feels a little different. I will not be 100 percent happy till I run against my benchmark to see if the performance is the same or better.. fyi

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
The warranty print out that I have reads:

2004...ALL 600 HO SDI EQUIPPED VEHICLES...ALL MODELS NUMBERS...ALL SERIAL NUMBERS.

2005...MXZ 600 HO SDI RENEGADES...MODEL NUMBERS 000BX5A00 AND 000BX5BOO...ALL SERIAL NUMBERS.

THIS IS A WARRANTY ISSUE AND IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR DEALER...THEY ARE ABLE TO LOOK UP YOUR SERIAL NUMBER AND SEE IF IT IS AFFECTED.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

BOB

ALSO...I JUST GOT BACK TODAY FROM MY FIRST RIDE AFTER HAVING THE UPDATE DONE AND IT RAN FLAWLESSLY.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bobadoo what do your plugs look like after the new update? My sled is working quite well as it is except for the stutter in deep snow or ruff sections and the ocasionall backfire when coming down from a high speed fast. So I"m a bit learry to get this done in case it ends up doing more harm then good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts