Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a 2013 expedition 600 etec that had a melt down at 5,998.9 km mag side had 4 point cease. i rebuilt the 600 engine with a new wall and 2 new pistons and all, but i wouldn't take her over 7000 rpm just cause i didn't have faith in that engine.

So i came across a complete 1200 from a 2012 renegade and started open heart surgery on my expedition, when i fist sized it up i didn't think it would be much besides the motor mounts and bulk heads (supports that pto and mag comes threw). so i changed out the motor mounts and the bulk heads and got the 1200 all ready to drop into her and with the 600 etec tunnel cooler the engine wouldn't sid down on the mount about 1/8" all i needed.

So now i'm into changing the tunnel cooler in her managed to track one down in Montreal and got it shipped to me same day and off to the races i was again to get this done. Once i got the tunnel cooler installed and got the 1200 sitting on her mounts and all pieced back together i fired her up for a test to make sure everything sounder right and make sure i had no leaks. I was in my glee when i had no more problems UNTILL :mad_old: i went to put the belt on the clutches and the 600 etec jack shaft is like 3/4" shorter then what i needed for the 1200 engine to line up with the primary. so now i'm gone looking for a jack shaft and all for a 2013 expedition 1200 cause it seems that BRP had 2010 to 2012 were the same 2013 were its own and then 2014 to 2016 were the same.

When i finally tracked down a jack shaft and got it all set up and all another week has passed and now she's sitting in the garage ready to go just waiting on the snow now, but i did notice one thing when i had her hanging from the garage and i was spinning the track it was showing like 20-30 kmph and im sure it was going faster then that. so do any one know if the gear box in an expedition has a different speedo pickup then whats say being recognized by the ecm out of the renegade?

total cost to switch the 600 etec over to 1200 :

Handle bar to ecm wiring harness $750.00

Tunnel Cooler: $650.00

Jackshaft with secondary clutch $455.00

endless hours watching progress: PRICELESS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Good job on the transplant!

I'm curious as to what did you do about the front radiator that is (should be) on the 1200. I don't believe the renegades come with it, and the 600's don't have it either. They also have a different shaped exhaust pipe because of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job on the transplant!

I'm curious as to what did you do about the front radiator that is (should be) on the 1200. I don't believe the renegades come with it, and the 600's don't have it either. They also have a different shaped exhaust pipe because of it.
i took the 600 etec rad and plumbed it into the oil cooler line and used that rad, i had to put a heat plate over the rad hoses that goes under the exhaust manifold as it is in the factory 1200 expeditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts