Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a 2009 600 mxz-x etec with aprox. 3000 miles. last ride of the season it kept shutting down and going into limp mode at low rpm's (40x in aprox 120 miles). sled ran good at high speeds, but would shut down in tighter trails. a local trustworthy repair shop told me it was a detoriated plug tip (the metal tip was eaten away). i have not had the chance to test the fix out and i want to make sure there isn't anything i need to do now prior to the season in case there is something else wrong.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,805 Posts
Get you dealer to hook the computer up to it and also get them to clean your rave valves. 5000km on my dads etec and one stuck closed. Always ran skidoos recommended etec oil

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have a 2009 600 mxz-x etec with aprox. 3000 miles. last ride of the season it kept shutting down and going into limp mode at low rpm's (40x in aprox 120 miles). sled ran good at high speeds, but would shut down in tighter trails. a local trustworthy repair shop told me it was a detoriated plug tip (the metal tip was eaten away). i have not had the chance to test the fix out and i want to make sure there isn't anything i need to do now prior to the season in case there is something else wrong.
I would say that after 3000 miles it was probably time to change plugs as a PM. Is it safe to say that 3000 miles added up to around 300hrs run time or no? ( you should be able to flip to hrs ran on your dash). If that is the case then you got your use from them. As stated above it may be a good time for a cleaning also!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had it scanned by ski-doo dealer, but code was unspecific. dealer thought it was bad gas. dealer put special fuel additive, but no change in how it ran. good advice...i though plugs lasted longer in the etec, but maybe i was wrong. i will clean rave valves, but i dont think that contributed to the problem.
thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
My 09 etec is doing the same thing.. been at the dealer for 6 months and they can't figure it out. BRP us guiding them but nothing is working. They said it's out of time and they can't get it to time correctly. Next stop might be a new engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts