Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sled worked fine last year. Had electric shield kit installed this fall. Went 10 miles sled worked fine. Plugged in my shield and went 500 feet down the trail and the check engine light came on and machine went into limp mode. Shut off and would not start again. Do u think the plugging in of the shield was a coincedence. Any ideas.

Thanks

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,653 Posts
Does it roll over?

-grover

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuse are good and it will turn over but idles low and if you give some throttle it dies. I think its the stator unfortunately.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If it was the stator,would it hurt anything else from driving it after I had the problem it final started and I went couple hundred feet about three times and we tried starting over and over again. When you are stuck back in the woods you will try anything. Also would my new helmet and heated shield cause the stator to go if the helmet was defective?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had to drive mine back that way. I have put 2000 mile on since the repair with no problems and I went a lot farther than that. Seems like a heated shield should have a fuse for protection to the system.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Check the visor plug installation. It use only a plastic nut to secure a ring connector from the back against the plug. Not the greatest setup by any means.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Im betting on Stator. Just did one the other night same issues.. Pulsing and low idle.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds exactly like when my stator went. Had it fixed and put about 300 mi. on since without issue (would like to put on more!!)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought that I read on this site that the 2013 to present stators were new and improved stators, any one having issues after 2013 with stators?

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Install a volt gauge on your sled to keep track of the electrical health.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fix it was the Rave valve sensor, odd it would even start. Safe mode I guess. Good news

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Fix it was the Rave valve sensor, odd it would even start. Safe mode I guess. Good news
What led you to check the Rave valve sensor? This is the most important part.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot to mention it was at the dealer and they diagnosed it when they put the computer on it. I read last night that depending on position of RAVE valve depends on amount of fuel delivered to your engine. So I guess that's why it would not even start and run at the end.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Install a volt gauge on your sled to keep track of the electrical health.
Yes I agree we need them, gonna install one on my sled when it arrives from shipping!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts