Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having some issues with my '15 600 carb recently, when I go for longer rides I have an issue with rpm fading, it will only pull about 7500rpm instead of the usual 8100. Also the hanging idle is much worse lately, it always happened with the sled but not as bad, it now takes about 30 seconds to idle down when I come to a stop and it also hangs almost as high as the engagement point so everyone looks at me like my sled is going to blow up on the trail. Any input on how to fix these problems is appreciated.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The hanging idle you can turn your fuel screws out on the bottom of your carbs a little bit and try that or you can just put in 20 pilot jets. As far as the RPM fade, my guess is possibly your running a little warm and the ECM is pulling timing. Were you ridding in good snow conditions?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hanging idle you can turn your fuel screws out on the bottom of your carbs a little bit and try that or you can just put in 20 pilot jets. As far as the RPM fade, my guess is possibly your running a little warm and the ECM is pulling timing. Were you ridding in good snow conditions?
It has been happening for a while in a variety of conditions but today it was cold amd there was lots of snow so I kind of doubt I was running hot but I don't have a temperature sensor to check. If I change to a 20 pilot jet what will that change/will it effect the performance in any other way?

·
Registered
323 Posts
the hanging idle is normal, although i will say annoying. Mine is hanging so high it engages the clutch.. Also hangs at near 3500 to 4000 the colder it is outside. Gonna talk to my dealer about it. I don't dare get off the sled when i come to a stop, it will start moving if i don't choke it. But even after choking, it climbs back up in a few seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts