Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some searching and could not find anything on this at all. Can anyone give me an idea of how difficult it is to replace the starter on a 2016 600 ACE Tundra LT? Any tips, tricks, special tools needed? What about doing it out in the field? Is that possible without tearing the whole motor and tub apart? Thanks in advance!

Also, I know cold weather starts can be an issue. As long as there is enough power (battery+jump pack) to spin the starter fast enough, it'll start yes? Or will it require pre-heating?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's a simple removal just take the belt guard off and should be 2 or 3 bolts to take off make sure you change the o ring gasket before reinstalling it otherwise oil can get in that starter

·
7,718 Posts
Go over to the Skandic/Expedition forum, lots of info and pics as to how it can be changed and improved by drilling a head cap vent. Not difficult to chg in the field, one of the easiest I've seen to chg so far.

Starting these in cold temps is not an issue unless we're talking about multiple days below -40*C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts