Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
2019 Ski-doo Skandic WT 600 ACE. First trip out after picking up from dealer it died while riding, when throttling up to climb out of a ditch. Eventually restarted and brought back to dealer and they said likely loose battery connection. Next trip out machine would top out, with throttle pressed all the way, around 30-35 MPH regardless of mode, Eco, Standard, or Sport and running wide open throttle, 6,000-7,000 RPM. Returned to dealer and they said likely belt adjustment off. First trip out next season same thing; would not exceed 30-35 MPH regardless of mode and RPM in the 6,000-7,000 range. Returned to dealer, waiting to hear back from them. Brand new machine. I've heard from other 600 ACE owners their top speed MPH is higher and RPM lower, even when towing, even with passenger/weight load. Haven't noticed any other issues and at low speed, just running a trail, seems fine.

Thoughts? Anyone else experience this or similar?

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
35mph = 56kph which sounds normal at 6000rpms, from my experience with the throttle cable type when your rpms are around 5-6-7000 the kms is about 500rpms lower in relation to the rpms, eg 7000 you should be getting 65kph....6000 55kph..etc of course this depends on snow conditions and also the condition of the belt, primary & secondary, i would check the primary for sticking/ not fully engaging, also the secondary for broken rollers.

Reactions: A_laskan

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can check that your getting full range of your clutching if you take a marker and draw a line up the inside of a sheave on both primary and secondary. Go for a run. The belt will rub off the line as far up on the primary as the clutch will let it and take the line off down onto the secondary as far as the opening of the clutch will let it pull the belt down. If your hitting 7000rpm on the engine That’s about peak range so check clutching.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I hope you will not be insulted...You're in high range not in low right ??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you will not be insulted...You're in high range not in low right ??
Tried in both. What would you expect to get for an approximate top speed mph in low (1st gear) and at what RPMs? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sure, this isn't it, but you never know. What color key, are you using? Mine came with two. White and green. Green being the learners key. I think it limits the machine to 30-35 mph. If I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
The 2014 Skandic WT 600 Ace ran slightly over 50 MPH at around 7,000 RPM on a light snow covered groomed trail in 2nd gear. It possibly had more to give, but with the width of the trial, as close as I wanted to get. I was glancing down so the values are close, not exact. The sled had 8,300 miles listed, the oil was fresh in both the gear box and the engine, along with a fresh oil and gas filter. The gas was 92 Octane Shell, second tank. The gas was fresh and had always been kept cold, never warm.

I'm wondering about the knock sensor or your gas. If the knock signal is "off" - or correctly detecting engine knock, the controls will "pull spark", which will suck power. There are lots of possibilities, but this was the first that came to mind after reading what had been tried, and assuming the mechanical aspect had been checked out. Most of the other possibilities would leave some internal trouble code the dealer would have found and traced.

Looking forward to hear what was the actual cause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts