Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi everyone.

I just picked up a new to me 2011 Grand Touring 600 ACE. I notice that there is a squeel coming from the engine when I accelerate or decelerate slowly at around 3800 RPM's.

Once I am above or below this RPM the squeal goes away but if I cruise at that speed the squeal stays. It sounds like a belt squeal but not sure.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Have you checked the clutch and belt to see if ya' got a booger or ring of gunk on it? One thing I notice with my 600ACE is the engine is so quiet that you hear all kinds of boogey-men sounds coming from the drive system that would be drowned out over the "braaaap" of a two-stroke.

Put the back end up on a stand so you can run the track and then see if you can zero in on the noise...watch out for those turning parts of course. Hard to pinpoint a sound when you're riding, especially with a helmet on.

Hope it's an easy fix, or maybe nothing at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm going to check the belt and sheaves tonight. I suspect the sheaves might need a cleaning. This is my first sled so I'm still learning my way around the mechanics of it.
This is a great site for info.
I'll report back Sunday if the squeal goes away after the cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Airliner9

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Probably some belt squeal. You could clean the belt and clutches or try an aftermarket or different compound drivebelt.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I raised the track and listened closely with both side panels open.
The sound is actually more like a chirping at 3500 RPM. It goes away above or below that.

It sounds like it's coming from the throttle body area so I sprayed a bit of WD40 on the linkage to see if that was the chirp. Nope, Still there.
I went ahead and cleaned up the clutch sheaves with a magic eraser and soap and water. I took some 240 grit sand paper to he belt edge which has only 100 km on it.
The chirp is still there.
Consistently at 3500 RPM.

The sled runs great I just wish I could figure out what that chirp is. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts