Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2012 Expedition Sport 600ace. I have been experiencing an intermittent problem with it cutting out suddenly ( as if engine shut-off was depressed) and then not starting, or not starting at all after having been left. The engine will turn over but not fire up. The fuel pump, which you can normally hear pre-charge when the starter is depressed, will not pre-charge when this acts up. When this happens, if I reach in to the fuel pump and wiggle the fuel line & electrical wire, it will charge the pump, and fires right up.

I have taken out the pump, replaced the filters, and cleaned up the electrical connectors and used dielectric grease, to no avail. I am wondering if maybe the pump is failing (intermittently) but am stumped by how the problem goes away when I move the fuel line/electrical wire.

I have also checked/cleaned all the grounds, again to no avail. I have had the codes read, no codes present.

I have also tried pulling/squeezing/wiggling the harness wires while running to see if I could cause the problem to occur-no avail.

I have searched this forum as well as the 600ace forum looking for similar posts, with no luck. Has anyone experienced any similar problems?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If your gauge cluster stays lit then it's fuel related and have seen issues at the wires at the fuel pump inlet , at the top of the tank ..

Take it off and inspect closley for broken wires .

Had it happen to 2 1200 and just wiggling the wires was enough to get things going without further problems

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine just did this the other day. I had a friend come and plug his reader in and got the codes:

P0231 Fuel Pump open circuit or shorted to ground

P16CD Monitoring: Check of relative air charge

P1936 Override button has been activated

P2279 Leak from plenum

The gauges come on as normal, it's just that the fuel pump does not engauge. It cranks over but won't start. I will be operating on the machine tonight to verify it is the fuel pump. I did find a pump from www.highflowfuel.com for $69.98. Hopefully it is just the pump or a loose wire. Will update when I find the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts