Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 2013 renegade X, no studs, ice ripper track. I need new carbides and I'm trying to decide between 6" or 7.5" shapers. I also have Bergstrom ski savers and shims coming to level the ski out. We get pretty aggressive in the corners in Wisconsin and I want it to turn good when I turn. Would you go with the 6 or 7.5 carbides? Any downside to using the larger?

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
I've always put as much carbide possible on, on the trails they'll wear down no matter and help with wearing on the host bar. :wink_old:

-grover

·
E-Tec Rules
33,546 Posts
7.5" my vote is for

·
Registered
242 Posts
FWIW Curve XS Skis with 6" shaper is what I'm running on mine and let me tell you what a difference from the stock set up. Night and day. Handles amazing hard pack groomed trails, great flotation in powder and really gives a nice stable feeling (at least to me) through the corners. But if I had kept my stock skis I would have moved the stock carbide to the outside and put 6" shapers on down the middle.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,315 Posts
My vote for you is 6" if you aren't gonna stud it beyond those pre-titted studs........7.5" if you are thinking about studding it.....

A few years back when I was running a 1.75 inch lug and I was NOT studded I ran a 4" shaper with the oem moved to the outside and had 0 complaints with a well setup an dialed in 08 renegade 800..........

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The Longer carbides sometimes lead to tightening your center shock spring do to over bite from the carbides, which can effect your ride quality, ive had 7.5 on my renegades, and Id suggest a 6"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts