Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
well - just came back from 6 days of riding in Ontario Canada.
Started from Alban Ontario Canada (Just east of the juction of Rt 69/Rt64.
I joined a group who has riden together in the past. At 46 I was the youngest/ my SnoMo buddy the oldest just shy of 80.
We rode just shy of 700 miles.
I broke 1000 miles on my new 06 Renegade 08.
My Renegade did well: By the speedo It broke 95 mph - by GPS 113 mph. (But I think the 85.4 mph was probably the more acurate GPS reading). It sounded So Much happerier at WOT!
Rode over deep snow. Buried My Renegade 4 feet deep! (I Swear I would have made it if it wasn't for the top of the 6 - 8 foot tree!) No Camera! I rode a good 30ft over the 6 or 7 ft deep snow, but still cannot figure out how to steer it very well, so I was stoped by that tree and then it sunk!! Thanks to a bunch of guys out in the middle of Nowhere: They help get me out in less than 5 minutes. It would have taken the two of us another 1 to 2 hours! (The other 9 guys in the group went home to Ohio the night before)
It will take me awhile to convert meters to gallons to figure out my milage, but I did use about a gallon of oil in about 450 miles. (Good? Bad?)
We saw a Moose.
We went over the two French River bridges: Down to Fort Lorine; Up to Kiliarney; Over to Estare; with an overnight up to the Sportsman on Kulgaguma (sp?) lake; with an ending loop up to St Charles.
The trails were Very Nice. Very Nice people! Just, whatever club is near St Charles doesn't believe in marking their trails! we had to go about 30 miles on a trail that you could barely make out before we knew we were on the right trail!
The French River Snowdrifters did a Great job of marking their trails!
When I get rested up - I will post the GPS trail routs in the GPS forum. (If anyone wants the GPS files - let me know.)
It was Great!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
500ss man said:
Glad you enjoyed what Ontario and the OFSC has to offer!

[snapback]735254[/snapback]​
I did wonder while out on the trails how far away you were.
Wonderful! Wonderful!
(But, does OFSC have any signage standards? That was my Only complaint? Well that and the whole Metric pain!
Then again, in NY where there are signage standards, it still can be pretty bad. I think the Bars are the ones who have the most acuratwe signs!
)
Again. OFSC = Very Nice trails to ride!!!

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
WOW!!! sounds like you had a great time enjoying some of sledding that Canada has to offer!!!

Do me a favour though.....when you find out how to convert meters to gallons can you let me know......I have been trying to figure it out for years??

I know how to convert litres just not meters..........

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MamaSled said:
Do me a favour though.....when you find out how to convert meters to gallons can you let me know......I have been trying to figure it out for years??

I know how to convert litres just not meters..........

[snapback]735361[/snapback]​

well - the Canadian Club before Noon does help in converting Meter's to Gallons!
One one Hundreth of a meter of Canadian Club with Two one Hundreths of Fresca at 11:45 AM American = One Good Noon Time Meal!!
At least haven't
the neighbors yet!

G

·
Chull said:
500ss man said:
Glad you enjoyed what Ontario and the OFSC has to offer!

[snapback]735254[/snapback]​
I did wonder while out on the trails how far away you were.
Wonderful! Wonderful!
(But, does OFSC have any signage standards? That was my Only complaint? Well that and the whole Metric pain!
Then again, in NY where there are signage standards, it still can be pretty bad. I think the Bars are the ones who have the most acuratwe signs!
)
Again. OFSC = Very Nice trails to ride!!!
[snapback]735333[/snapback]​
You said you were in killarney which is at the top of Georgian bay.I`m at the bottom so you were about 200 miles from me!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Chull, how far of a drive was it for you from home, mileage/hours? How about spending, cheap, expensive, normal to compared around NY? Just trying to get an idea in case we need somewhere to go over spring break, thanks for any info/suggestions...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
doo52 said:
Chull, how far of a drive was it for you from home, mileage/hours? How about spending, cheap, expensive, normal to compared around NY? Just trying to get an idea in case we need somewhere to go over spring break, thanks for any info/suggestions...

[snapback]735489[/snapback]​
Well - if you have a week or more - I would say it is worth it!
Cost US:
If you are willing to share a small room and maybe a small bed with an other - that cost is no more than Tug Hill. About $35 per night. (Call Yevetts/Nellies in Alban Ontario. Tell Mellisa Charlie Sent you - and make sure you tell Mellisa NO MORE!! or give her a message from me!
)
Gas is definitly more than NY.
Time. About 12 hours from Central NY.
Mogusl - what they call moguls is NOTHING comoparied to Tug Hills!! Nothing!!
I would go to Perry Sound or above. (Sorry Barrie - but it did look a bit spares there yesterday when we drove thru.)
Send me a PM if you weant to know more.
The 1 or 2 foot trees on the side of the trail were really 6 or 8 foot trees!
The sportsman was expwensive but well worth it! About $85 per night per person, but that did include a nice dinner and breackfast and a True Wilderness Lidge!!
Trail Maps there are free - Trails not always well marked though. Just make sure you dio not ride alone asd youi can go 30 or 40 miles and NEVER see any bulding at all!
One day to drive up, and one day to drive back - then days of riding!

·
Registered
700 Posts
glad you had fun Chull,Alban is a great area to ride. Me and some friends ride there all the time,the suspension bridges are pretty cool and the trails are great,but you got to watch the time as the gas stations close about diner time up that way.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Chull,

You would have been closer to me than 500SS...the Sportsmans Lodge at Kukagami Lake is about 1 hr from where I am....Alban is also about 1 hr away....that would have been some nice scenery up in Killarney (provincial park)....we are very proud of those snowmobile bridges near the French River....they are actually quite new....

....next time take some pics....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.