Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will this engine drop right in, and all the electronics hook right up??? what about exhaust issues...as in support for the exhaust and springs in certain place, are they in the same place( example......on the 500 there is a spring from chaincase to pipe) thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, that is an easy swap. Same ignition and electrical harness. You WILL NEED a complete exhaust for the 583. The 500 is a one piece unit. The 583 needs a seperate pipe and silencer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
im actually thinking about the same thing for my summit 500... what about carbeurators and other components like that

·
Registered
269 Posts
most 500s around 1998 used vm38's. the 583 used vm40's. the carbs are pretty close, but you would have to rejet if you mix/match them of course.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Velislide said:
38s work fine in the 583, thats what they put in it stock in 95', lol.
[snapback]746785[/snapback]​
38s in the stx, 40s in the form z. if nothing else you could baseline it off an stx

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
IF you have a 500 and a 583 you could make a 600 ROTARY VALVE by putting the 583 jugs on the 500 bottom . WITH decker pipes porting and 40 mm carbs we have Dyno'd 132 hp on 94 fuel at 8800 RPM

·
Registered
148 Posts
98mxz500 said:
will this engine drop right in, and all the electronics hook right up??? what about exhaust issues...as in support for the exhaust and springs in certain place, are they in the same place( example......on the 500 there is a spring from chaincase to pipe) thanks

[snapback]742389[/snapback]​
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I beleive that unless your sled has mechanical reverse, the chains and gears on sleds below 583s are smaller in width. If you have reverse, I believe that the gears and chains are the same. If you go to the ski-doo homepage, there are online parts diagrams that you can review to see if the part numbers are the same.

Good Luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts