Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind of mine got challenged to a race, his 2005 MX Z 550f vs someones 2006 RMK Trail 550f. The MX Z weighs 430 pounds, and the RMK weighs 475, but the MX Z has electric start (added 20 pounds I think?). The race will be on a hard packed lake, So will the RMK stay behind the REV all the time, or will it jump ahead then the REV catch up?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
neither are high powered machines. the rmk is a slow beast made for hills and deep snow, but geared really low. it's anyones guess, but i would bet the short track mxz 550 will take it the entire way.

the rmk is really the worst drag sled of all time, in my opinion. if they are expecting that is apples/apples they are mistaken. tell them to find a summit!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigf150 said:
neither are high powered machines. the rmk is a slow beast made for hills and deep snow, but geared really low. it's anyones guess, but i would bet the short track mxz 550 will take it the entire way.

the rmk is really the worst drag sled of all time, in my opinion. if they are expecting that is apples/apples they are mistaken. tell them to find a summit!
[snapback]703236[/snapback]​
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.