Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was tooling accross the lake, kinda slow with wife and my 03 Rev X 600 HO decided to stop. Got it to dealer and dealer says MPEM is bad need new one, about $550 installed!! I baby my sled, not many miles in 3 years, maybe a 1000. Are there after market MPEM's? Or is this a scam to make the dealership money? Does Yamaha have this kind of part? Or is this American Built at its best.................... are there any other solutions? How long should a $400 part last? Very "edit for bad language", great sled up till now.....................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
No after market Skidoo only, Some are more$ and some are less depending on what model a friend of mines Mach Z had his MPEM Stator and trigger coils go bad all at once parts and labor $1000.00

·
Registered
731 Posts
there has to be a way around it. I used to retro a 380 dollar power pack on a cdi ign for an outboard with about 20 bucks worth of parts and it worked great. Someone has gotta know what can cut down on the cost.
ttt

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
I agree with you.but do you know they have to connect that sled to there computer and down load a program into the mpem in order to get thet sled to run after changing out the part. This my understanding of how it works. the cost of the part maybe a couple $100 but we should be able to install our selves without computer needed.I could be misinformed though

This again is what I have stated before we need to crack there code on this computer diagnostics.
Rich

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
MPEM box no dpm=320.00 MPEM w/dpm+rer =430.00 you must have your tethers reprogramed to work with the new box,sorry aint technology grand, what i meant to say is doesnt technology cost a grand. I think Doo could have picked up some of the bill on that job???

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
$550 for a MPEM installed, programmed and ready to go is imo rather cheap, the cost in Europe can easily climb to over $800.

Aftermarket ones...Nope.

Other solutions.... Change the sledbrand.

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Find a MPEM from a parts salvage yard for like $200 or less.
Take it to dealer and have them reprogram your tether to it for less than $50. There you go...half price.

You could even use a 800 MPEM and send it to the race dept and they will put the 600 curve in it for $50 and remove the DESS security so your cord will work without reprogramming.

Does your sled have RER and DPM? If not a 440 MPEM might work too with same procedure as 800.

Good luck, Chuck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REV*BARON said:
Find a MPEM from a parts salvage yard for like $200 or less.
Take it to dealer and have them reprogram your tether to it for less than $50. There you go...half price.

You could even use a 800 MPEM and send it to the race dept and they will put the 600 curve in it for $50 and remove the DESS security so your cord will work without reprogramming.

Does your sled have RER and DPM? If not a 440 MPEM might work too with same procedure as 800.

Good luck, Chuck
[snapback]276048[/snapback]​
YES, DPM and REVERSE

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I saw that Birds Snow Sports has a few listed in there Ebay store. Call them, they might be able to send you a new box with the matching teather.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just remember that if you get a used MPEM... make sure that the hardware PN# and the software PN# is the same as the one you got now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
GSX800HO said:
I agree with you.but do you know they have to connect that sled to there computer and down load a program into the mpem in order to get thet sled to run after changing out the part. This my understanding of how it works. the cost of the part maybe a couple $100 but we should be able to install our selves without computer needed.I could be misinformed though

This again is what I have stated before we need to crack there code on this computer diagnostics.
Rich
[snapback]275926[/snapback]​
I so agree.. Where to get the BUDS and manual for your sled?? I allready have the similar system for my car..

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would think that www.thesledshed.com would have one of these. Not sure on the cost, but they do have a lot of used parts.

REVBob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts