Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it would be possible to put a 600HO from a rev in a 2010 550 fan chassis? I have an opportunity to pick one up cheap but not liking the 550 fan too much.

If it's too much work ill keep riding the rev for the winter and buy a 2015 600RS in the summer :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Anything is possible if you have the time, money and patience! But if your not into getting into big projects. I'd say just buy the 600rs

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Teh engines in the rev chassis had a motor mount plate that bolted to the bottom of the chassis, while XP's have 4 separate mounts

bolted to the sides of the crankcase. Have not seen a 550 in a XP chassis so don't know for sure how its it mounted.

But I have put liquids in air cooled chassis many years ago and it takes serious work and serious tools to get it done. I'd be very surprised if the 600 HO pipe/can would drop right into a XP chassis without modifying it. Heat exchangers are a real pain. Air boxes etc, electrics, etc

Better to trade that 2010 stock 550 which will have some value to get closer to what you want. And if you really want something that will

rock and roll punch the 600 RS back out to 700 or a bit more. All the 600 HO, 600 ETEC, 600RS came from the second Series III engine

Rotax created, the 700 cylinder reed, they just shrunk the bore down to make it a 600. The 600's suck, stock they had to overport the heck out of the exhaust ports to make any HP. The 700's made more HP stock than what they should have made (computer analyzed porting simulations). With some mild just under 200 degrees Exhaust duration they are just nuts!!

There are some build threads on here about doing this. Do some searching.

Way back when the first Rotax 800 twins came out I had ported a 700 for a friend of mine, then he got the disease when the 8's were announced and he's going to be really fast. Next winter arrives and he gives the ported 700 to his wife and he has the latest and greatest 800,

1st snow they take them out, swap sleds and his wife gets back with his 800 and tells him, "I,m gonna kick your but" and she did with the little ported 700. He rides the 800 for a year under those conditions and then has me port it. Managed to get the 800 to just barely keep up with the ported 700 and maybe beat it a little bit. Another year goes by and more has been learned about the 800 (takes a ton of radical porting to get power from those boat anchors). So I ported it again and then its way out there for porting. The thing I don't like about radical porting is engine longevity and reliability go down the toilet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts