Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: My girlfriend is buying a 2005 550 fan rev. After researching, it seemed like the logical choice. Couldn"t put her on anything but a rev, not too much crazy power, and reasonably priced. If any of you could give me some input, it would be really appreciated. Thanx in advance.......

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
shootfightdoo said:
: My girlfriend is buying a 2005 550 fan rev. After researching, it seemed like the logical choice. Couldn"t put her on anything but a rev, not too much crazy power, and reasonably priced. If any of you could give me some input, it would be really appreciated. Thanx in advance.......
[snapback]278835[/snapback]​
I've got 1600 kms on mine and love it. What would you like to know?
If she doesn't care about going 100 mph, then she will likely love it. Nice and light, good handling, and quick from 0 to 50 or 60 mph, then less quickly to around 80 mph. Very nice package for the occasional boondocking ride too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I spring-ordered a 05 GSX 550 F. This sled is light with very good power. Gas mileage is comparable to other 550's out there. Handling is its strong point. It eats the bumps. When I sit on my wifes' Indy, I feel like I've went back in time 20 years! The REV chassis is outstanding! Your girlfriend will enjoy her new sled. What 550 model is she buying, by the way? Have fun.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Highland boy, I did that today too, hopped off mine and onto our '02 Classic Touring that my bro'-in-law was riding for the day, whoa, like a tobbogan with handlebars. You won't go wrong with the 550 Rev...

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is a great sled. My wife and I each have one. About 300 miles so far. I would recommend studding the track. They are very light and the back end can get a little loose turning or braking. I or rather my wife found this out the hard way. She flipped her sled last week on some ice when the back end came around while taking a turn.

Result - 1 broken arm, 1 bent handlebar, Studs on order from Shade Tree. Lesson learned. Need Studs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts