Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. When I turn the key on not even trying to start sled the 30 amp fuse blows. I have disconnected starter and still pops fuse. I do not have a wiring diagram wondering if there are any relays I should look for. I have tried to look at wires to see if any are bare and maybe rubbing no luck.

The sled is a 2009 gsx 550 fan. Thks.

·
Premium Member
27,904 Posts
There is nothing in the circuit that can draw anywhere near 30A. It must be a wiring or connection problem.

·
Premium Member
27,904 Posts
Remove the spade terminal connectors from the fuse socket and inspect the crimps to the wires. Should not have to look far or be difficult to find the problem. 30A generates a lot of heat so the signs will be visible. It could also be in the Configuration Harness. These wires are braided. If strands are broken this will turn the few strands left into literally a heating element.

·
Premium Member
27,904 Posts
Here is a Configuration Harness that turned into a heating element.

Configuration Harnes gone bad.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,904 Posts
Here is a cheap aftermarket fuse holder commonly used to replace the oem on sleds. I accidentally ripped the protective cap off trying to get the fuse out tonight for a picture. It's plastic welded permanently. The OEM are far better quality and just need dielectric grease.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thks everyone for the help, i am going to look at sled again this weekend. I have seen nothing yet that looks to be the problem but i will keep looking. The sled does run good still just pull rope and go, problem is wife misses electric start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts