Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
My cousin has a 550 F X sled and when in fresh powder if damp weather it switches from forward to reverse when ever it wants to. . hit the high beam switch and it goes into reverse as well.
Anyone else having this problem.
I noticed that there is no rubber gromit in the controls on the new X sleds. Wondering if there is water getting into teh connections and causing a short.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think you just answered your question. If you can take it apart(never had) spray some of that electrical conn. spray in there and then use silicone to seal it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
When I went to pick my 550 up they had a problem with the switch on mine. The mech said there was a tech note on these due to what you are talking about. My sled was sitting in the rain for an hour before I had the same problem. If it is under warranty try to get a new switch assembly.

Tim

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Fuzzy1 said:
My cousin has a 550 F X sled and when in fresh powder if damp weather it switches from forward to reverse when ever it wants to. . hit the high beam switch and it goes into reverse as well.
Anyone else having this problem.
I noticed that there is no rubber gromit in the controls on the new X sleds. Wondering if there is water getting into teh connections and causing a short.
[snapback]726039[/snapback]​
This also happened to my 550 summit.

Spray some WD40 into the switch cluster every once in a while and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There is a Tech note on it. I had this same problem while I was up in the U.P. of Michigan. Took it to Keweenaw Motor Sports and they fixed it in about a half hour. They said they need to switch some wires around and lube it up. So take it to the dealer and have them do it before the warrenty runs out. Plus they will fix it, which they might not after you shoot WD40 into the switch.

Dana

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there a plug in the side of the housing to heep snow/water out? The ones i have see had snow get in ther and caused sled to go from forwart to revers and back and forth. Dry it out and then plug this hole with silicone or a rubber plug. That is what wrenches here are recommending.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts