Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know ? I have some 670 base gaskets, they're too big. I would like to find .5mm thick (.020) or .6mm to get
my squish right. Is 583 same? 494? It looks like you can't buy the different thicknesses for the rotary valve
engines anymore. Any thoughts?

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
Does anyone know ? I have some 670 base gaskets, they're too big. I would like to find .5mm thick (.020) or .6mm to get
my squish right. Is 583 same? 494? It looks like you can't buy the different thicknesses for the rotary valve
engines anymore. Any thoughts?
You can get the proper gaskets from windarosa! you need to know what sled came stock with the gasket your looking for and order the top end set for that year and model . Excample 1990 583 machI is only Stock 583 that had 1 mm base gasket this can be used to reise the port on any 583 engine

Skidoo only sells a.5 mm gasket because the later sleds all had thin base gaskets.Tell me the year of your engine you have I can find what gasket it had. This information is in the rotary valve engine Racers hand book!

494 gaskets will work on a 521!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get the proper gaskets from windarosa! you need to know what sled came stock with the gasket your looking for and order the top end set for that year and model . Excample 1990 583 machI is only Stock 583 that had 1 mm base gasket this can be used to reise the port on any 583 engine

Skidoo only sells a.5 mm gasket because the later sleds all had thin base gaskets.Tell me the year of your engine you have I can find what gasket it had. This information is in the rotary valve engine Racers hand book!

494 gaskets will work on a 521!
....This book you speak of, I think I need to have that.....got a P/N or is it not a BRP item?
HHHHMMMMMMMMM thank you!

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
....This book you speak of, I think I need to have that.....got a P/N or is it not a BRP item?
HHHHMMMMMMMMM thank you!
Yes I do have the part number if it is still avalable From skidoo The one you will want is the 1995 skidoo Racing Hand book PN# 484-0620-00 . If this hand book is not avalable from skidoo you can buy the 1995 skidoo shop manual on line from EBAY for between 5 and 10 bucks .The shop manual has the hand book included in it . don't buy the later hand book because there is some information from early sleds that is missing form the newer hand books.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts