Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I are putting together an '89 Safari Saga together. We are using a 503 and 503 motor plate out of a Cheyenne. Appears engine plate will need to be drilled.

Does the reverse secondary on the Cheyenne sit further out?

Also, does anyone know stock gearing on Sage? Cheyenne? Ideas what gearing would work best.

We thought we could build it with two sleds. We have parts off of 4 or 5 at this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. But I do have a parts '88 stratos with a 503 if you need any info on that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've done the opposite and put an '87 Safari 377 into an '88 Cheyenne 503R. Had to drill two new holes into the plate while using two of the original holes. Motor had to be moved a little over an inch I believe for clutch alignment. Other than that, everything was plug & play. Longest part was measuring 10 times before drilling once. Machine worked great.

For gearing, I'd just leave it alone for now and see how it runs. You may just like it as is.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I guess that I am finding motor needs to be moved. I have the 503 plate and it is about 1/2 off, that's the part I don't get. But it's fine I'll redrill a 377 plate and keep 503 plate intact. 503 plate and reverse chain case may be needed some day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts