Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever im accelerating or driving in the 0-25 mph range my engine seems to vibrate like crazy and it makes alot more noise and has way less acceleration power, it almost sounds like a bearing problem. does anyone have any ideas of what i should do or if i even need to worry about it? the thing that really confuses me is it only does it in those low rpm's its a 1980 503 engine. thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check your motor mounts (tight?)........fan belt and bearing..........Jack shaft bearing.......Clutches??

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
k_piske said:
i checked the belt for flats and it didnt have any that i could see. is there a special way to check? i took it off and looked at it and couldnt see anything.
[snapback]710540[/snapback]​
Put the belt on atable,and let your fingers slide along the belt,you should feel it,or just by looking at it.You dont have to have a BIG flat,just a small one will give vibration.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HiOctane said:
k_piske said:
i checked the belt for flats and it didnt have any that i could see. is there a special way to check? i took it off and looked at it and couldnt see anything.
Put the belt on atable,and let your fingers slide along the belt,you should feel it,or just by looking at it.You dont have to have a BIG flat,just a small one will give vibration.
[snapback]713419[/snapback]​
is it along the sides of the belt or the top or the bottom?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
k_piske said:
HiOctane said:
k_piske said:
[snapback]713419[/snapback]​
is it along the sides of the belt or the top or the bottom?
[snapback]713491[/snapback]​
Along the sides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts