Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the beast is just resting in the garage the straps are really tight. Do they need a little slack in them? I'm just a rookie so I'm figuring out this stuff as I go.

The SuperSleeper seems to push in the corners...would this be because the straps are too tight? I've got the suspension tightened up to where it will only bottom on the biggest obstacle and 6"and4" shapers on the ski's.

Maybe i'm just being too picky...this thing is awesome

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
500ssdude said:
When the beast is just resting in the garage the straps are really tight. Do they need a little slack in them? I'm just a rookie so I'm figuring out this stuff as I go.

The SuperSleeper seems to push in the corners...would this be because the straps are too tight? I've got the suspension tightened up to where it will only bottom on the biggest obstacle and 6"and4" shapers on the ski's.

Maybe i'm just being too picky...this thing is awesome
[snapback]694508[/snapback]​
no matter what, the suspention is going to move, so the straps will be tight.

Pushing in the corners results from a loose strap, not tight, or poor carbide bite.

The pushing is from the design of the ski, and your riding style. You'll get used to it.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
If you loosen the straps it takes more weight off the front end, result more push from the track because there is more tracation from the track.

I personally like mike straps really loose. I just like how the sled feels more. It feels more fun to ride because you can pick the front end up easier, and accelerate better.

Just play with it.

Ryan

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Tight straps = stiff steering & more effort(it brings the front end down)
Loose straps = less steering effort and brings the front end up.

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Just my experience I have had to at least tighten up one hole to get good steering on all of the Ski-Doos I have ever owned. It is your preference though.

Just play with different settings and see what you like best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.