Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get honest opinions of results of 0 to95 mph of 06 500ss and 06 firecat 600 the only meaniful test are both box stock , well studded and broke in with lets say 400 to 1000 miles on two long equal laines . Sleds should switch laines several times to make sure laines are not different . This is a test i would like to know about.I am very surprised how quick a 500 SS is. I think it will knock on the door off the F600. Lets hear what you guys think!

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
F6 is faster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
0-65 you'll hang or be ahead. after that it'll be curtains I'm afraid. Basically the same result you'd get racing a 600 SDI

Funny thing is, the guy riding the Cat will be really scared he's not going to win until you guys reach the 80 mph area.

Oh make sure you stand as far back on the REV as possible and flip the coupler block stop before you race. Don't let off when the front comes up. It will get so high and stop. Then once the thing has momentum and traction you can sit and duck.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Never had a chance to race an F6, there was one at a field this yr gettin beat by 600 H.O's i had a chance to run against the h.o's and beat them so i figure i could of beaten it, dont let it fool yah in 660ft the SS is hard to beat everything else gets by me around 1000ft, and this is with the stock head now i have an RK tech so we will have to see what happens.
Them F6's are pretty impressive they are puttin out around 124 hp stock, a couple at 130 or better on dynotech with remapping of the computer.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
the SS is a good motor, but not a match for the F6... its old tech!

that is why they call it a 500 SS doo doesn't like giving away 100ccs for nothing...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think that the 500ss will hang tell about 75pmh then start loosing head way. Im 14 and i got my dad from 0-70 and he rides an 02 MXZ "X" 800. He had 2 Revs before and hated them cause they didnt handle! But now that they lowered it 1.5 inches she's tight through the trails.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a 500ss for my wife and she ripped my buddy on a 600 pro x but an F6 is sadly to say faster on the top end, but the look on my buddies face was worth a million bucks.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Every 600 now a days is going to be faster on top end because they have longer bore strokes than the 500ss, results in more top end, 500ss feels quicker at lower Rpms which it is because of its shorter stroke which produces more Hp at lower Rpm, I just wish the 600 H.O had the low end snappyness the SS has cause i would switch in a second i just love the feeling of the overall snapp. I drove a few 600 H.O's very lazy down low to me, but top end pull is alittle more noticable.
Add an Rk tech head and u have the total package.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like the HO, compared to most of the sleds that I ran against, I was pretty evenly matched... Just remember, there's alot of factors going into a race... You could put a 250lb man on an F7 and I'd whoop him with the HO cuz I'm 90 lbs lighter... But put a 110 lb 14 year old on a SS and he'd spank me on the HO... Just my @.02...

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
No 2 sleds are the same.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
I had a chance to run against an 06 F6 2 weekends ago up in Ridgerunners Ny, i beat him 3 out of 5 times mostly because my holeshots are flawless, but just before 660 he would be closing very fast on me but i had enough to hold him off, them f6's have alot of top end. More than any 600 H.O ive ever went up against.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts