Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to help my girlfreind decide which is better. also trying to get her to understand how much better a rev ride is vs a mxz 380 in zx chassis

2003 600ho x pkg w/1400 miles, clean w/rer $4000
2003 600ho x pkg w/2500 miles and dpm,clean 4100
2004 500ss adreniline pkg w/225 miles for 4000

what would you guys doo? HOW MUCH BETTER IS THE REV RIDE VS THE ZX??

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,575 Posts
No comparison to the 380 ZX at all. Completely forget the ZX.

SS, but RER (Reverse) was an option in 04. Make sure it has RER!!!
Great sled, great ride.

Look around, lots of left over sleds and should find some great deals with the snow this year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 2003 MXZ X 600 H.O. and i like it alot. Now im not saying buy that one. But all i can say is that i love mine and wouldnt trade it for anything. But i also hear that SS is a great sled. Like the other guys said there is no comparison. I figured that they handle the same and ride somewhat the same till i rode mine to my buddys house. Put some risers on his sled for him. I took it for a spin and man they are nothing alike. NOTHING BETTER THEN A REV CHASSIS.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 2003 MXZ X 600 H.O. and i like it alot. Now im not saying buy that one. But all i can say is that i love mine and wouldnt trade it for anything. But i also hear that SS is a great sled. Like the other guys said there is no comparison. I figured that they handle the same and ride somewhat the same till i rode mine to my buddys house. Put some risers on his sled for him. I took it for a spin and man they are nothing alike. NOTHING BETTER THEN A REV CHASSIS.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Even money, take the 500ss, very low miles and a year newer. Very nice package for trail riding..

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
SS no doubt

G

·
500ssADR said:
500ss hands down, she will love it, best sled for the money. forgot to mention the 17-20 miles a gallon

[snapback]728683[/snapback]​
marc_brown98 said:
Even money, take the 500ss, very low miles and a year newer. Very nice package for trail riding..
[snapback]728751[/snapback]​
Deadman said:
SS no doubt
[snapback]728770[/snapback]​

·
Registered
172 Posts
500 SS

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the seller of the 500ss just called me to inform me that he sold it this am!!!i had first dibbs too
but he said he has a 04 500ss "trail" with 96 picks and e start for 4400 with 550 miles...i passed on it. i want better shocks than trail for her and it doesnt come with a cover or belt either

we are looking at the 03 600ho tonight. it has had the update for rings done and comes with a cover and belt, 4000 is bottom line for it. shocks have been valved for 04 and the owner is a small guy like her as far as weight. stock 1" track, unstudded......mint by pics. i will have to doo that pto seal retainer though

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
15,504 Posts
iansmxz said:
the seller of the 500ss just called me to inform me that he sold it this am!!!i had first dibbs too
but he said he has a 04 500ss "trail" with 96 picks and e start for 4400 with 550 miles...i passed on it. i want better shocks than trail for her and it doesnt come with a cover or belt either

we are looking at the 03 600ho tonight. it has had the update for rings done and comes with a cover and belt, 4000 is bottom line for it. shocks have been valved for 04 and the owner is a small guy like her as far as weight. stock 1" track, unstudded......mint by pics. i will have to doo that pto seal retainer though
[snapback]729792[/snapback]​
i had an 03 600HO adrenaline, and i can tell you it was a great sled. unfortunate the rev is gone, but you/she won't be disappointed with the zx. i sold mine with 1300 miles, no es, no rer for 4000 and the guy jumped on it like i was giving it away. he did say he was switching from a cat, but i dont think thats why he wanted it so badly
good luck finding what you want

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the 600ho is a rev, looked nice, no leaks, sounded good,low miles and updates all done, tiny crack in hood (black) but somehow i cant get her to realize that a rev is more comfortable/better handling than her light weight 03 zx 380. shes scared she wont like the handling, i told her if it is even a little bit better its worth it imo...who the heck knows anyways

·
Registered
477 Posts
Get her a polaris fusion 600ho then you can ride without having to worry abt. lean burn down for no apparent reason.
She will love you all the more for it.

·
Let it Snow
1,246 Posts
iansmxz said:
trying to help my girlfreind decide which is better. also trying to get her to understand how much better a rev ride is vs a mxz 380 in zx chassis

2003 600ho x pkg w/1400 miles, clean w/rer $4000
2003 600ho x pkg w/2500 miles and dpm,clean 4100
2004 500ss adreniline pkg w/225 miles for 4000

what would you guys doo? HOW MUCH BETTER IS THE REV RIDE VS THE ZX??

[snapback]728677[/snapback]​
Well, My Honest Opinion, is to go with the rev. A wonderful machine. Let me make a long story short, I have an 06 800 X, the mrs rode it and loved it. She was riding an 02 Mxz Adrenalin and was getting beat up a bit on some bumps. So I made "the mistake" of letting her ride my 06 X. Needless to say, sold the 02 Mxz Adrenalin and bought a 06 500ss. She couldn't be happier. With that, I couldn't be happier. I have another riding buddy now. I wouldn't recommend the 600 fusion either. Some pros to the sled, yes, but some cons as well. In my opinion, the cons somewhat outweigh the pros. Go rev, its a proven chasis.

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i passed on the 03 ho...looking at 2 500ss in mind. i have cash to buy them now but her sled must go within a reasonable time after getting a new one. for some reason i cant swallow the ho being more reliable than the ss...the ss by far would suit her needs. i was thinking about one here on dootalk, good price but has trail shocks. for her that would be good but for me no way. yeah i could upgrade them but buy the time i doo all that i am close in cost to a 04/05 gade 600ho sdi with all the whistels and a "x" too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.