Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Well after finally some snow in upstate Ny i finally got out to run my SS with RK tech, AAEN pipe and silencer, and cudney clutch kit with HPV 27 2ndary against the real world and i was impressed although i feel like i can do better with the head even know im jetted down to 330's, and needles shimmed another shim at mid range.
Sat we had ice drags up at little lake in Richfield springs. Other than the guys with shaved tracks and chissles i did quite well.
For the most part it was 3 Polaris's, one XCSP 600 and 2 edges. Holeshot i would get them for the most part if not my mid range would easily surpass them with ease, if i did not get a good holeshot the edge would get me on top end but the sp i could go by no matter what, my low and mid is so strong my skis are hanging for 100ft. this is where Bills kit shines, i still believe the ss is a Rock solid setup off the floor but the mid range with Bills kit is awesome its a noticable difference. On ice in 660 i ran a good 88-89 mph so said the Radar gun, in 900ft i clicked just at 100. I still feel i can do better with the head, i think shimming the needles might have richened it up a tad.

Sun up at ridgerunners.
I lined up against my buddies 99 mxz 600, 98 670, and 01mxz 700 with fresh rings. Also to add an F6, F7, and, 98 Machz.
I left all of my buddies in the dust the closest was the 99 600 with dynoport pipe MBRP canister V-force reeds and clutch kit and i still beat em by 2 sleds,
I would holeshot the Mach so bad he couldnt catch me in 660ft, but then again the start finish line is Ice from racing, im eqipped with 144 1.325in woodys.
I would holehsot everyone the F7 would get me by 3 sleds a the end.
The biggest battle was me and a 2006 F6. I pretty much beat him 4 out of 6 times,
if i holeshot him he could not catch me in time cause of my improved mid, but has much more top end than i do. IF he would holshot me i would catch him at mid range and and he would walk past at about 400ft slightly. I could tell i was "edit for bad language" him off cause he was not a happy camper. The only sled i could not beat all day at the end of the day was an 2005 600 edge, who had a half inch track with chissels he took me a good 6 out of 7 times cause he would hook up on that ice at the start finish line and not look back, the only reason i beat em the one time was because of my mid range and i had slightly more om top end but other than that he hookup up like a bandit on that ice.

Overall i am very happy like i said and i will say it again i still think i can improve on the performance of the head, but the knockout is Bills kit WOW mid range pull is incredible, Way better over stock, im running 18.4 grams of pin weight and runnng on clicker 4 and Rpm's are slammed at 8 grand.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Yes i will be there maybe Wed as well get her studded up your gonna need it for that track, use the same as im using you will never go back.

I see you have a 1.25 in track you can go with 1.45's that should help I used to have the 1.25 predator on mine with 144 1.325 up the middle and it was worthless on ice. Make sure you stud the outside if you like alot of traction. If not whatever you desire is good.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
teamxmxz600 said:
Well i got some mega bites i hope to get in tonight.Oh by the way the ss look's real good.
[snapback]736604[/snapback]​
Thanks guy ive got more time into it than i do riding sadly to say.
Maybe ill see you up there this weekend ill keep a lookout for the red skis. hehe

Best
Blake

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Any thoughts on how the Aaen pipe would work with a Bender can?

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Deadman said:
Any thoughts on how the Aaen pipe would work with a Bender can?
[snapback]736681[/snapback]​
Not sure bout that combo, i know The AAen system i have is pretty rock solid and a nice rumble to it, im sure it will work pretty darn good and save some wieght, mine saves me 15lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts