Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman,

I've finished cleaning and setting up my carbs to factory settings, replaced all fuel lines and tank filters.

Cleaned and inspected fuel pump - seems to be okay.

Sled starts cold (full choke) two pulls every time and will sit and idle for hours if I leave it. The minute I try to rev it up on the hoist it falls flat on its face and if I don't drop the throttle it will die.

I'm an automotive mechanic - This feels to me like too much air/not enough fuel. I don't think fuel is my issue after everythings been cleaned and replaced but (I've been wrong many a time.) who knows.

Any tips on what to check/adjust/replace now?

Thanks boys!

·
Registered
895 Posts
So your sled will set and idle on full choke for hours?

"Sled starts cold (full choke) two pulls every time and will sit and idle for hours if I leave it."

·
Registered
147 Posts
Will it rev up at all if you move the throttle slowly? Is your tether working properly? Mine went bad. It would let it rev to around 3k but then miss badly. Anti theft thing, it wouldnt rev up enough to engage clutch. Yours sounds like a different issue. Let us know if it will slowly build rpms or just cut out completely when the throttle is moved.

I would also check plugs out. Make sure caps are tight. Sometimes throttle adds enough fuel to kill a borderline bad plug.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Pilot jet circuit needs cleaning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts