Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out last nite and temp lite started flashing when there was no reason it should have the snow was loose and not packed. I started driving on the side of the trail in the powder and the lite stayed on now. I got in a field with 8"of powder drove around and the lite would not go off. I stopped felt the heat exchanger and it was cool put my hands on the cylinders and they were warm coolant tank was full and warm. I could have taken the spark plugs out with my fingers they werent even hot. I drove about another 10 miles to a restaurant and it ran fine lite never went out. In there about an hour came out started machine temp lite on. Drove about 15 miles machine ran perfect then temp lite went out and never came back on. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Leo said:
Was out last nite and temp lite started flashing when there was no reason it should have the snow was loose and not packed. I started driving on the side of the trail in the powder and the lite stayed on now. I got in a field with 8"of powder drove around and the lite would not go off. I stopped felt the heat exchanger and it was cool put my hands on the cylinders and they were warm coolant tank was full and warm. I could have taken the spark plugs out with my fingers they werent even hot. I drove about another 10 miles to a restaurant and it ran fine lite never went out. In there about an hour came out started machine temp lite on. Drove about 15 miles machine ran perfect then temp lite went out and never came back on. Any ideas? Thanks.
[snapback]313921[/snapback]​
Are you sure it wasn't the low oil light flashing.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Leo said:
[snapback]313921[/snapback]​
my friends GSX did the exact same thing last weekend. we had to unplug the beeper. after a while the engine light also came on. they were on and off to no reason all weekend. me thinks it's just a faulty temp. sensor. he's got it at the dealer now.

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
Sounds like a sender (sensor, whatever) to me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
02summit800 said:
Sounds like a sender (sensor, whatever) to me.
[snapback]314210[/snapback]​
My temp light went on also. It will go off for awhile then come back on. After discovering it was not overheating I have just delt with it, though I rarely ride it anyway. Back up sled.

Any solutions out there???

·
Snow Deprived
727 Posts
i had the same problem but it stayed on so i took it to the dealer and the temp sensor was stuck....then the guage didnt work right so they replaced both and havent had a problem yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts