Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um hey, I just started up my sled today and it sounds like it is on 1 cylinder, except when you throw the choke it shoots right up to 3 grand. I threw two new plugs in it and its still acting up, What could/would cause this? Oh and it ran perfect yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I went through 2 sets of pilot jets last year on my 800 with a similar issue, yes they do plug just like that, for what they cost, replace them, don't try a cleaning them because you can't guarantee you will get all of the crud out.

If it was electrical then your choke wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
999 Posts
a split carb boot would (or any other air leak). I hear they are very common to this engine. Don't run it any more!
If it was a split carb boot then it would idle high all the time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, i was just assuming electric because she still got the same compression in both cylinders. is it difficult to do the jets? cause I know there in a tight spot, I striped it down twice this year cause it blew up on me. This has been a bad year for the sled, i had 4600 with nothing acting up and then the ring came off the top of the piston and then she has been down hill ever since. Thanks for the help man

·
Registered
999 Posts
For access I would pull the secondary out. You will have to flip your carbs and pull the float boals off to get at them, I would just pull the carbs and go through them while your in there if your having issues.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The carbs take about 15 min to pull out, no need to remove the secondary. Remove the float bowls and find a narrow flathead screwdriver to remove the jets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts