Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey all,

Just looking to not get smoked on a lake drag against a few F6's and an F7. Don't want to beat them, just not get lost in the dust.

I need a few hints. Should I look at replacing the stock reeds? Or should I be paying attention to the suspension setup?

thanks guys!

·
Registered
2020 Renegade 850
2,186 Posts
Why don't you just leave it as is and try it. There's not really much room for improvement on the ss. If you're looking for a lake racer then get an 800. On the trails, the ss will be right on the F7 and F6's rear bumpers ... or more likely ahead of them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bigf150 said:
fee05 said:
how?
[snapback]692290[/snapback]​
lenghten your limiter strap (depending on set up now) tighten the front skid spring, flip/remove your rear coupler stop. this will dramatically reduce front end weight making it a lot faster off the line.
[snapback]692456[/snapback]​
Yes check out the flipping blocks post in this forum, should be at the top right now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
fee05 said:
Hey all,

Just looking to not get smoked on a lake drag against a few F6's and an F7. Don't want to beat them, just not get lost in the dust.

I need a few hints. Should I look at replacing the stock reeds? Or should I be paying attention to the suspension setup?

thanks guys!

[snapback]691629[/snapback]​
Instructions below:

1)Fill up with gas.

2)Find bumpy trail.

3)Push throttle to bar.

4)Look back and see F-6, F-7 riders with sore backs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
SnoDoo said:
fee05 said:
Hey all,

thanks guys!

[snapback]691629[/snapback]​
Instructions below:

1)Fill up with gas.

2)Find bumpy trail.

3)Push throttle to bar.

4)Look back and see F-6, F-7 riders with sore backs.

[snapback]692683[/snapback]​
True that

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
a 500 SS will hold its own and stand pretty proud at the end of a Race, but you need to remember its targeted at the 500 Class sleds.
So a F7 is in a whole different league. I can beat my buds 06 F7 with my SS, but I only beat him for about 200 feet and then he blows my doors off!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts