Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 500ss that is my wife's sled. I haven't drove it for a while so I don't know how long it's been doing this. Idling and midrange is perfect until you crack the throttle and hold it. It pulls hard right to 7800-7900 Rpms then bogs out, then comes back, then bogs etc...if you let off and creep back up it's like there is nothing wrong. It's just bogging at wot. I will post a pic of the plugs. The mag side is running lean during time of engine bog. New plugs, dissected carbs, even swapped carbs from another 500ss cause I was so stuck on fuel delivery being the issue....carb boots good, y pipe good, pick up line good, raves cleaned, reeds good, good compression hot and cold, swapped the coil. I am going to do a leak down test next to rule out a couple more things. At first I was stuck on fuel delivery but the cutting out almost seems electrical. Could it be a stator or voltage regulator? There are no other faulty electrical symptoms. Any input greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
800ho x
1,170 Posts
I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago when in would crack open my 2004 600ho sdi..at about 60mph and not sure on the rpms it would cut out...my thoughts and others was fuel pump/fuel filter..i did all the checks for a sdi and all came up good..someone said clean the clutches and when we did I found a arm stuck on my primary...after cleaning both clutches I no longer have the problem..good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mikeyday. Did you ever do a plug check when yours was bogging? Whatever my issue is it's seems to be leaning out the one side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts