Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I want to race my 1996 Formula SS in 660 ft on hard pack. The rules are.
You may change gearing.Change spring and weights in clutch 5500 rpm engagement Max. May adjust suspension. Change jets on motor. Can tie down sled but must have 2" inches of suspension travel with rider on it. Everything else stock.

What can i do to tune my sled without gear changes etc (without costing money).

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Not sure what skid you have in that sled, but extend your limiter straps out all the way. Soften up the preload on the center shock, invest in a 20-30 dollar smaller top gear (if you want to have a chance at winning), throw on some horrible carbides and give 'em hell!

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
If it has the SC-10 ACM suspension, take the nut off from the ACM. Only keep enough gas in it to run well for the drag (3 gal ?). Take all extra weight off, tool kit, spare belt, and anything else. Put in new plugs, new belt (wash the new belt in soap and water) and get the deflection set properly. Put in new stock primary and secondary springs. Make sure the torque stop on the PTO side is snug to the engine, not to tight. Run without hand and thumb warmers. Unhook your headlight and taillight. Do NOT unhook your brake light. 1-1/4" track? Make sure your toe is set on your ski's. As mentioned earlier, use some very dull flatened carbides. Spray a little Pam on your slides. Set your track tension loose as possible without ratcheting. You could jet it down if it has room yet. Would have to check plugs and see how they are. If they are stock jets, it's possible?

Where you racing this at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote name='APC' date='Feb 20 2006, 04:21 PM']
If it has the SC-10 ACM suspension, take the nut off from the ACM. Only keep enough gas in it to run well for the drag (3 gal ?). Take all extra weight off, tool kit, spare belt, and anything else. Put in new plugs, new belt (wash the new belt in soap and water) and get the deflection set properly. Put in new stock primary and secondary springs. Make sure the torque stop on the PTO side is snug to the engine, not to tight. Run without hand and thumb warmers. Unhook your headlight and taillight. Do NOT unhook your brake light. 1-1/4" track? Make sure your toe is set on your ski's. As mentioned earlier, use some very dull flatened carbides. Spray a little Pam on your slides. Set your track tension loose as possible without ratcheting. You could jet it down if it has room yet. Would have to check plugs and see how they are. If they are stock jets, it's possible?

Where you racing this at?
[snapback]726089[/snapback]​
[/quot

the whole point of 600ft is to change the gearing.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did i mention i way 110 pounds and 14 years old but dads My pitcrew. What will it do if i change gearing? what should i gear it down too? So far sh&%tiest set of carbides, loosen track,loosen limiter strap all the way out. so far all very easy things to do. O and for the event its hard pack 4 lanes elimination.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts