Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Hygear 4th wheel kit along with their heavy duty axle kit on my 2014 Renegade X RMotion Skid. All seems well except the idler wheels back there do not seem to spin freely - especially the two inner wheels. Haven't even really tightened up the axle very much. Is this normal for these wheels on the rear axle ? The other wheels mounted individually spin freely of course. I have not installed back in skid yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
Could the labyrinth seals be on incorrectly and rubbing on the wheels? Also new bearings will turn harder than old bearings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stealth bomber - I have the seals on the same way as they show on install instructions and on their website pic. Only new bearing is on the 4th wheel added. When I had the old axle support pieces off I spun the existing three wheels and they all spun freely and quietly. I have an email into Hygear.

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
It looks to me like the white labyrinth seal is directly touching the left inner wheel. I know on the wheels such as their website picture shows, that if the wheel was reversed it will rub the seal on one side.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stealth bomber - Hygear did reply to me and looks like simple fix - they have been very responsive to questions I have had. They said:

Hey Scott,

The install looks correct. The plastic covers are most likely rubbing on the wheels preventing them from rotating feely. You can move them back to add clearance otherwise they will loosen up over time.

Thanks,

Sales Tech

Hygear Suspension

[email protected]

308 Peruville Road, Freeville, NY, 13068

607-533-7434

www.hygearsuspension.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts