Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about entering a radar run, (1000 ft) top speed wins. From what I have seen, the sleds that win, are the same sleds that can hook up off the line.

I have a '99 440x. How can I get it to hook up good off the line... chisels, steel ice picks?

I'm not sure if the track I have is the stock track. I believe it is 1-1/4" from the backside to the top of the lug. The tallest chisel I have seen is 1.58" total length. Is a 1/4" enough penetration for a chisel/pick to help me hook up?

I plan on adjusting my limiter strap as well.

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
The 1.25 studded track on my 440 sucks at radar runs. I just go for fun so I'm not about to switch tracks. Def. go with 144 on an old school low profile track, 96 won't bite as well. You'd want to soften the springs and loosen the limiter straps. Screw around with the settings to see how it changes your launch.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured a lower profile track would be better, but I am not too serious about the ice racing, just for fun like yourself. I wanted to know if I could make the 1.25 track hook up any better. I guess I could look for a cheap, older, low profile track, but I don't think I even want to get that serious about it.

Does anyone know what size the stock '99 440x track would be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts