Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey guys i am the proud 3rd owner of a 2001 mxz 440x and i have a question about fuel. The fuel cap on the sled says it recommends 91 octane and a premix of 33:1, it has the high compression heads on it and the kid i bought it from only used 110 octane will amz synthetic racing oil, i have done a search on this and the results were bleek at best. Basicaly is 92 or 93 octane safe to run in this sled heck even 104 thats the highest available in my area!?? any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am not 100% sure on this but my 2003 rev 440 wont run with the set up you have unless you are over 100 octane. I have tried to run lower octane twice with the same results, about a quarter mile run with a quick stop. I would see what 440man has to say on this, he seems to know everything on the 440. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yes you can run 92-93 in it safely. You just nned to jet properly. There are a few posts concerning this if you do a search. 440man is the guy to talk to about 440's. Especially when using them with the HC heads. Your other alternative is to put LC domes in and then you can run 87 octane fuel safely. But yes 92-93 will work just need to have the right Base Gasket and jetting. Do a search you will find lots on it.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I have heard of some guys still running HC domes with 92 gas. But that was up in the mountains. Depending on what sea level you are at for this, but I am pretty sure you would be looking for a melt down even after jetting different. But I am not 100% on that one. I would do the smart thing and get the LC domes. I run down to 87 in mine with the LC. Runs like a raped ape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts