Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 mxzx440 muffler is shot. Not the y-pipe or the pipe, but the muffler part. It now has a couple of holes in it and the baffle piece inside is loose and clanging around in it. It has no packing in it either.

1. Can I repack this thing? I was thinking of cutting it in half then welding it back together, but I don't know how that baffle piece is suppose to be positioned inside. Does anyone know an give me the details?

2. Does anyone make an aftermarket can? I guess there is a place in Canada that makes "the thing". Can't find any info on it. Are there others out there?

3. Can I just get a muffler from a zx chassis with a different motor like from a 600 or something? would that mess up the backpressure? which ones (motors) or which years would fit?

Any help would be great as I want to get this going for this weekend to ride!!!!!! Thank you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The 600 muffler will NOT fit.I guess you could cut it apart and weld new baffles but a very huge job as far as I think.I know a guy that wrecked his MXZ-X I will see if he has the can and if it will fit on yours

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem a few years ago. No, its almost impossible to repack the can. Try www.jawspreformance.com . I bought a pipe from the and its sweet. Its quite at first but, it opens up later. Most people here me coming and think i have a piped 600!! paid around $200 for it. Only one problem though. They didnt put the mount on the top. I had to weld one on for the mount on the top of the chain case. Great can though!! I do have a stock can for your sled if your interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts