Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone out there still race there zx chassis 440. If so hows the suspension compared to the rev? I want a 440 and wonder if it is worth the extra $$ to go with the rev. Would the zx be good fer a 16 year old who wants to get into racing? Thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
I ride a 99 zx440 and I love it. The suspension can pretty much be setup however you want/need it. I dont think its very dominant in racing anymore, the rev chassis is the "new" racer. a ZX chassis would be excellent for someone whos just getting into racing.. great for ditch banging...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i also own a 99 zx440 and the new rev is alot faster and sit up better for jumping, if ur really serious into getting into racing then i'd get a new 1! i love my old zx for trail riding i find its alot more trail friendly and great for the ditches and jumps

·
Registered
320 Posts
I race with an 05' 440x but i have an 02' as backup. I haven't had to use it yet though, so i can't give u exact feedback, but it will hold up, you won't be contending in the top of the pack, but you will be ook. I saw one raced last year in the womans class and i believe they came in like third place! So i bet that it will hold up in a race, but if you're serious get a rev!

·
Registered
75 Posts
the 440 zx is an awsome ditch banger but i dont think it will be very compettitive with the new revs. i think it is just simply not set up as agressivly as the revs, revs are very well balanced. but all in all that zx chassis mxzx is an awsome sled! ittl hang with the big boys till it finds its top end, about 75 mph

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
being 16 i dont think you'll ride either of these sleds to their full potential so my suggestion is to go with the cheaper one. replacements parts are plentiful and cheap for zx chassis sleds. ive owned both zx 440's and rev 440's, no comparison between the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts