Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,333 Posts
Rev07 said:
k so i have a 2004 mxz x 440 with high compression domes in it. it came with the low compression inserts and i will be putting those in soon but the guy forgot to give me the owners manual and i hear it says what jetting to use in there... what does it say i should use for base jets and he said to change jets and needles at the same time. he told me the last time he raced it was really warm so the jets and needles are all messed up. does anybody know what to use for starters?

-Ben (using brother Josh's account)
[snapback]528765[/snapback]​
These come with an owner's manual??
Look on the belt guard for a jetting chart.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,333 Posts
usedtoskidoo said:
i was pretty surprised with fuel mileage on my 440.it was right around 10mpg, my buddy with his 600 hosdi got 20.......i was p.o.ed.....but hey
[snapback]726214[/snapback]​
Be happy with 10 mpg. It won't get any better.

MACHZER said:
Great thread!

What about the 05 trail set up for the carb. I have been told to run app. jetting with stock pilots, stock needles on clip #3. The sled is way to rich at idle and midrange. It loads up at the line and stumples a bit with you luanch it is so rich.
Do I need diffrent needles?

Thanks.
[snapback]735501[/snapback]​
Yes you need the 04-05 "trail" needle to make it run right. Or else the 03 stock needle works as well.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,333 Posts
Manch Vegas said:
Guys, the honest truth here! With this set up Chuck, how reliable are these sleds? Will I be lookin for a new engine for my sled after a thousand miles, or... what? Just wondering what everyone's experience is. I wanna 440 right now, but, am somewhat worried about the reliability factor. Thanks!
[snapback]740419[/snapback]​
The 440 motor is a tried and true motor, same basic design for what... like 6-7 years?? I would, and did, pick a 440 motor over a 600HO or 800HO. With LC setup, I'm expecting a few thousand miles for sure before maybe replacing the rings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.