Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found flaking nikasil so it's time to get everything redone. What # base gasket do I want. It had a #4 with low comp heads. In my box of goodies I've got oem 5, 6, 8 then a buncha Winderosa with no holes or numbers. I'll need a few torques specs too like the head bolts, cylinder bolts, flywheel, and the bolts on the bottom since I'm changing the crank seals too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Well i would use a #3 BG for max compression and torque out of the sled(There cheap night as well buy one if your doin it all). As far as bolts the cylinder bolts and head bolts are 21 pounds but 25 is good and safe(what i did) and i will look into getting the other ones

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Ok here ya go. These are for an 01 but it think it dont matter. ALL SPECIFICATIONS IN N•m (lbf•ft)

MAG. FLYWHEEL NUT---125 (92)
CYLINDER HEAD NUT---29 (21)
CRANKCASE NUT---M6: 9 (7)
M8: 29 (21)
CRANKCASE/SUPPORT NUT---35 (26)
CYLINDER/CRANK. NUT---29 (21)

Hope that helps. If not shoot me a question ill try to help

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the numbers
I'm ordering the wrist pin needle bearings on monday anyways so I'll get the #3 base too.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yep, Get that thing goin and runnin and go and rip up the trails and ditches. It needs to be drove

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
If you want even more compression outa your 440 with the LC heads, contact myself or Dynamoe-Joe. We both used a brown paper bag (.01''). This will easily squeeze out another 5-10psi over your #3. Its alittle tricky to cut, but its worth it. I use it on my 440X SNO-X sleds for max. compression...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts