Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know much about the doo 440' but i just picked up a 05 that is all trail converted. I know with the cats there are extra idler wheels that should be run. is this the same with the doo 440? mine does not have any extras, but i have found a set on ebay with mounts, i think they are 135 mm will that work? or what should i do if they wont

·
Registered
433 Posts
chromer_14 said:
yep 135 mm is the correct size. you should try and get 4 idlers for sure, but would be better
[snapback]704256[/snapback]​
135 are not the correct size you want the black 141mm with mounts you want 6 of them. get pict ure of one to get them installed correctly. these will help your hyfax wear alot.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,304 Posts
You need 141mm wheels for the 05 sled with the SC4. The 03-04 REV with SC3 use 135mm wheels. You can always check the Skidoo microfiche to check part numbers and sizes.

In this pic, the front skid is my 03 SC3 and the rear skid is Chuck's 05 SC4 skid. You can see where the wheels would mount on the inside of the SC4 and you can see the mount for the outside wheel. I'd advise getting all 6 idler wheels for trail riding. I already burned up that brand new set of blue hyfax, but the snow conditions were terrible.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So just to clearify...

If I have an 04 and I want to add 6 idler wheels...
I need to get 6 135mm wheels (4 on the inside and 2 on the outside)
Is this correct?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
So just to clearify...

If I have an 04 and I want to add 6 idler wheels...
I need to get 6 135mm wheels (4 on the inside and 2 on the outside)
Is this correct?
Yup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts