Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will bracing keep the nun from bending so easy? I am waiting for parts and wondering if I should order the braces.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Where are the pic's of " twisty" ?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Would bracing make something stronger?....

Hmmm, i guess they put them on the race sleds for show...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Would bracing make something stronger?....

Hmmm, i guess they put them on the race sleds for show...

[snapback]686763[/snapback]​
Just like chrome air cleaners on Cameros

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
That motors not even show worthy, that things a boat anchor now

But really, what the heck did you expect for an answer?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
That motors not even show worthy, that things a boat anchor now

But really, what the heck did you expect for an answer?
[snapback]686826[/snapback]​
The way that the nun bent and where it bent, it seems that bracing would not have helped.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had 04 440 REV and hit a rock with the left hand side that was flush to the snow going about 20 mph and bent the nun and lower A arm. I talked to Mike Murphy at Ingles Performance about it and he said all the race sled have bent nuns and they change them at the end of the year. That was last year.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had 04 440 REV and hit a rock with the left hand side that was flush to the snow going about 20 mph and bent the nun and lower A arm. I talked to Mike Murphy at Ingles Performance about it and he said all the race sled have bent nuns and they change them at the end of the year. That was last year.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
pat2724 said:
[snapback]686886[/snapback]​
That proves that they help but not worth the time and $$ IMO.

I ride hard as hell and don't have the extra braces
-No problems yet!!

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
it all depends on what your doing i guess, no ammount of bracing will save you if you plow into a boulder buried in the snow!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
it all depends on what your doing i guess, no ammount of bracing will save you if you plow into a boulder buried in the snow!
[snapback]686894[/snapback]​
I was thinking the same thing. No amount of bracing would have helped.
I was out with REVMAN next thing you know "bang"
we looked and could not find what I hit. when I walked back over my tracks and I never left the trail.

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
My belief is that they help in akward or hard landings, but really don't doo squat for hits with fixed objects. FWIW

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
LOL!

Ya'll can do what ya want but I would NEVER ride without the added braces if you jump or boondock at all (especially the shock tower brace - if you don't bend that then you aren't going big - I can ASSURE you!!!) And FWIW the new generation of aftermarket aluminum A-arms are stronger than stock but are designed to BREAK at abrupt impacts before trashing the Nun - one of the beauties of aluminum if you know ANYTHING at all about metallurgy.

Cheers,

G MAN

·
Registered
654 Posts
gman086 said:
LOL!

Ya'll can do what ya want but I would NEVER ride without the added braces if you jump or boondock at all (especially the shock tower brace - if you don't bend that then you aren't going big - I can ASSURE you!!!) And FWIW the new generation of aftermarket aluminum A-arms are stronger than stock but are designed to BREAK at abrupt impacts before trashing the Nun - one of the beauties of aluminum if you know ANYTHING at all about metallurgy.

Cheers,

G MAN
[snapback]687529[/snapback]​
What braces should be added to a non x??
What is the shock tower brace? .............. I jump mine, but always make sure that I can land strait or in powder.

thanks

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
440X Braces

Don't feel bad. I bent my nun already and have no idea what I hit either. But it did happen during an off-trail ride.
I'll get to changing it later on when it's warmer out.... and I don't mean next weekend
sometime in the summer. Mine has most of the newer 440X braces too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
boddyman66 said:
Will bracing keep the nun from bending so easy? I am waiting for parts and wondering if I should order the braces.
[snapback]686699[/snapback]​
I ordered every front end brace I can. Seems to me that we need to choose between weight and stringth.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I added the tunnel braces as well and they make a BIG difference

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mopower said:
I added the tunnel braces as well and they make a BIG difference

[snapback]688854[/snapback]​
This is what it looks like now.