Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey guys, hope your summer is going great. I just had a couple questions for my swap that I'm doing.

I've got a 07-440x with trail converted motor=fun, but not the kind of power I like. I picked up a larger series 3 motor to drop into my sled and have been finding the parts and pieces for my conversion. I plan on keeping it premix but adding the larger cooler cause I do ride trail at times. I want to keep my snowX 1.75" track because it's just too much fun. That also means that I have the 8 tooth drivers and slows me right down for top speed.

1. Because I will be still premixing and deleting the oil pump on the new motor and getting rid of the tmx carbs and using tm's instead. What throttle cable can I use that will just be a single cable to fit the rack style carbs with no oil pump cable lead on it as well?

2. because I will be keeping the 8 tooth drive sprocket and 1.75" track. Is it a bad of an idea to throw a larger top gear and chain to mate with my 45 tooth bottom slipper gear so that I can achieve a possible 100-105mph top speed?

thanks, Joel

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey guys, hope your summer is going great. I just had a couple questions for my swap that I'm doing.

I've got a 07-440x with trail converted motor=fun, but not the kind of power I like. I picked up a larger series 3 motor to drop into my sled and have been finding the parts and pieces for my conversion. I plan on keeping it premix but adding the larger cooler cause I do ride trail at times. I want to keep my snowX 1.75" track because it's just too much fun. That also means that I have the 8 tooth drivers and slows me right down for top speed.

1. Because I will be still premixing and deleting the oil pump on the new motor and getting rid of the tmx carbs and using tm's instead. What throttle cable can I use that will just be a single cable to fit the rack style carbs with no oil pump cable lead on it as well?

2. because I will be keeping the 8 tooth drive sprocket and 1.75" track. Is it a bad of an idea to throw a larger top gear and chain to mate with my 45 tooth bottom slipper gear so that I can achieve a possible 100-105mph top speed?

thanks, Joel
you want to go 100-105 with a 1.75 snocross track?!?! i herd the paddles like to tear off at that kinda speed. what kinda motor you thinking of picking up? i think your gonna need a lotta power to get that track going that fast!! sorry i dont have any swap information for you.

·
Registered
752 Posts
23/45 gearing with 1,75 track and 84 studs gave me 98mph on radar. Stock track sprokets. My sled: 06 440 with 800 ho motor. Im running pre-mix as well and using a stock 03 rev 800 throttle cable, just split the housing and remove the oil pump cable. 8'' riser

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
Your 8 tooth driver is 2.86 pitch, which is the same as a 9 tooth 2.52 driver. Let us in on what motor you got for gearing recommendations. If you want 100mph downsize tracks. The 1.75 is a windmill at that speed and will severely limit you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll be running a 700 with cudney trail ported cylinders, hopefully picking up a rktek head soon, vf3's, bottom end is in the process of being rebuilt, will be getting the mpem reprogrammed for trail curve or "hot" trail (as soon as I find the Canadian brp contact), I have a set of tm 40's but I'm seriously thinking of trying a set of tmx38's if I can, a sdi single pipe and a j* can.

I want to go as fast as I can with the 1.75 track. I was just using 100 mph as an approximate speed.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I'll be running a 700 with cudney trail ported cylinders, hopefully picking up a rktek head soon, vf3's, bottom end is in the process of being rebuilt, will be getting the mpem reprogrammed for trail curve or "hot" trail (as soon as I find the Canadian brp contact), I have a set of tm 40's but I'm seriously thinking of trying a set of tmx38's if I can, a sdi single pipe and a j* can.

I want to go as fast as I can with the 1.75 track. I was just using 100 mph as an approximate speed.
If you decide to go with the tmx 38's I have 2 pair.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the throttle cable info. Was just was I was looking for.
I may go up a tooth on my chaincase just for a little more speed, but that's about it for that track I guess.
I will probably be sticking with the tm40's that I already have and give them a fair shake before spending more money on another set of carbs for now.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
886 Posts
23 on the top works very well with the 45 on the bottom,but you need a bigger chain if you still have the 440 set up(21x45).I actually ran a 24 on top with a 136x1.75 all last year and thats with the same set up your running,rk head,hot trail flash, ported,8oo exhaust,but a 770cc set up.I ran the 23 on top with the 700 set up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts