Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people bought a new sled this year and were offered the 4 year BEST warranty. I've seen with my group a few guys misunderstanding what it does and does not cover. It is definitely not a bumper to bumper warranty. I haven't found anything yet online about what it does cover. The only way to find out is to ask the service adviser at the Doo dealer to show you on their computer. They can't even share those screens or print them. For some reason BRP think this is a trade secret. I would recommend you educate yourself as some items not covered are shocking. ie. Chain case and all internal parts are covered, but not the reverse fork. None of the rubber components but the wheels on the skid are. Of course the wiring harness isn't covered. Neither are most of the parts on the primary or secondary clutch. At least the engine is covered. Thought you all should know. :)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Is the windshield covered, never mind they don't come with one. What do you expect for 20k. Now you expect warranty. You have gone mad!!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
BRP covered a bad/loose chassis ground on our 16 Rene sport last year....I dropped a couple hundred on gear and consumables while I waited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Just like a car, truck, or tractor none of the wear items are covered. It's a great warranty and aside from the 50 dollar deductible the best coverage is excellent.

I can live with a charge for some worn items not overly excited about buying a new crank of the motor fails. Same line of thinking... I am reasonably capable and can do some repairs in my shop without a big inconvenience... engine rebuild is doable but when you work full time it's just a fact your going with a long few days and no sleep or giving up on a weekend of riding to work on an engine.

Glass half full here guys. Doo makes a great sled and they are reliable. If it brakes best is there to help especially with the big stuff.

Enjoy and stop complaining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sounds like BEST is closer to a Powertrain warranty vs a full Bumper to Bumper. More a mix of the 2 actually. Setting expectations seems important here so we don't think it's like a car bumper to bumper which covers nearly everything except wear items.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Not sure how it worked with 2020 models but 2019 it was the 4yr or 300 off. Like the 1200 the 900 is solid. If I could do it over again i would take the 300 off and put that towards my Boost Engineering tune.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure how it worked with 2020 models but 2019 it was the 4yr or 300 off. Like the 1200 the 900 is solid. If I could do it over again i would take the 300 off and put that towards my Boost Engineering tune.
Would be better if it was $300 per year discount. I assume that was NOT the case?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts