Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

4 to 5 feet of light powder

587 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Hold On...516 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was waiting all week to go play in the powder this Saturday. Only to have to give up and drive back down the mountain.

It was so deep and light if you fell down in the snow it was almost imposible to get back up. You couldn't use your hands to get back up back because they sunk in very light snow that had no bottom.

Here's a picture of me trying to leave the main trail, only to get about 15'. The front of the sled would stay up and the track would dig strait down.

View attachment 50227

Here's a cool picture of a tree with a 5 foot diameter that fell over the main road with about 5' of snow on it. Its about 10' over the snow level on the road. I'm sitting on my summit stuck in about 5' of powder. I was trying to follow a 800H.0. long track summit but got off track and sunk it deep. If you look real close you'll see my son stuck in the middle of the picture about 35 yards away, just on this side of the fallen tree. This picture was taken only at about 5500 feet. 7000-8000 probably has at least 8 to 10 feet of powder. More than even the best sleds can handle. Now I'll have to wait for the California Sun to pack it down and put a little more weight into the snow. Just too much light snow for a 136".

View attachment 50229

See less See more
Discussion starter · #12 ·
Party Chief said:
I hope Skidoo_only doesn't mind, but I would like to use this thread as the official California weekend thread.

Here are some pics from Lakes Basin.
[snapback]747345[/snapback]​
Don't mind a bit. Awesome play ground you've got there! I was going to take some killer pictures, but couldn't make it up the hill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.