Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was on the weather last night. Port Carling recieved one meter, 39 inches of snow and they are calling for another 20 inches in the next 5 days. That is alot of snow, has any one been there ? Not that I want to go sledding there, but my friends have a cottage and are worried about snow load on the roof. Bill Cudney has his cottage up by Huntsville, maybe I'll ask him.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Rode macteir and north this past week-end and yes they have shatloads of snow....a good three probably closer to four feet, got another 5" friday night and 8" saturday night......Winter has arrived in muskoka

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
buds said:
Rode macteir and north this past week-end and yes they have shatloads of snow....a good three probably closer to four feet, got another 5" friday night and 8" saturday night......Winter has arrived in muskoka

[snapback]729587[/snapback]​
COOL

·
Registered
381 Posts
around port sydney , 3 1/2 feet, huntsville another foot on top of that ,& north bay close or even more than 5 feet , off trail blows now though , theres a 1 inch layer of ice less that a foot down , you catch an edge really easy , muskoka , & haliburton 3 1/5 or so , good amounts thats for sure

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
KILLERMXZ said:
around port sydney , 3 1/2 feet, huntsville another foot on top of that ,& north bay close or even more than 5 feet , off trail blows now though , theres a 1 inch layer of ice less that a foot down , you catch an edge really easy , muskoka , & haliburton 3 1/5 or so , good amounts thats for sure
[snapback]730203[/snapback]​
We'll be getting 2 to 3 feet more snow next week! Can't wait to bust some new powder!

Just 10 more days and I'll be ready to play only an hour drive away!

·
Registered
658 Posts
WOT said:
This was on the weather last night. Port Carling recieved one meter, 39 inches of snow and they are calling for another 20 inches in the next 5 days. That is alot of snow, has any one been there ? Not that I want to go sledding there, but my friends have a cottage and are worried about snow load on the roof. Bill Cudney has his cottage up by Huntsville, maybe I'll ask him.
[snapback]729501[/snapback]​
Hey there WOT... I Live in Muskoka, halfway between Rosseau and Huntsville, and not too far from Port Carling. Nowhere up here did they get 39 inches overnight. I know, I have to plow my own driveway. Perhaps we got 39 centimeters in a couple days, and maybe we've received 20 inches in the last weeks snowfall, but not 39 inches overnight. Sudbury got alot of snow last week, but that isn't anywhere near Port C. I drove up from Toronto yesterday from head office and the contrast between them with no snow and us with 4 feet in places is signficant. We had another snowfall today around 3PM to 5PM...just as my son's bus would be on the road from school. That fall, while heavy at times, only put down another 2 inches.

I had my '72 Skandic out the other day and was breaking fresh powder that was easily 12" deep. I had a hard time keeping my sled afloat in all the powder.

When you're up this way and you're out on the "D" trail - the section that runs up Muskoka 31 wave as you head north as you'll be on my east property line. Yep my side yard would be the OFSC trails!

Steve
Huntsville, Ont.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
minimustangs said:
WOT said:
[snapback]729501[/snapback]​
Hey there WOT... I Live in Muskoka, halfway between Rosseau and Huntsville, and not too far from Port Carling. Nowhere up here did they get 39 inches overnight. I know, I have to plow my own driveway. Perhaps we got 39 centimeters in a couple days, and maybe we've received 20 inches in the last weeks snowfall, but not 39 inches overnight. Sudbury got alot of snow last week, but that isn't anywhere near Port C. I drove up from Toronto yesterday from head office and the contrast between them with no snow and us with 4 feet in places is signficant. We had another snowfall today around 3PM to 5PM...just as my son's bus would be on the road from school. That fall, while heavy at times, only put down another 2 inches.

I had my '72 Skandic out the other day and was breaking fresh powder that was easily 12" deep. I had a hard time keeping my sled afloat in all the powder.

When you're up this way and you're out on the "D" trail - the section that runs up Muskoka 31 wave as you head north as you'll be on my east property line. Yep my side yard would be the OFSC trails!

Steve
Huntsville, Ont.
[snapback]732102[/snapback]​
That's what I figured, the silly TV personalities, " recieved one meter of snow ... blah blah ". I know roughly where your at, I go up to Lenard Lake quite abit, but only in the summer, you know, Butter & Egg road, basically you have the normal amount on the ground right?

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
dont want to burst your bubble but sudbury has more snow and the trails are 10x better up there then down there from what i hear. so why dont yous drive a few more hours to sudbury?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
poo sucks said:
dont want to burst your bubble but sudbury has more snow and the trails are 10x better up there then down there from what i hear. so why dont yous drive a few more hours to sudbury?
[snapback]732597[/snapback]​
I don't snowmobile, I'm just a wannabe.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
WOT said:
poo sucks said:
[snapback]732597[/snapback]​
I don't snowmobile, I'm just a wannabe.
[snapback]732617[/snapback]​
I actually prefer sitting in the sandbox my Daddy made for me with my blue matchbox replica making vroom vroom noises.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts